How much rain can they take?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by IIII2O, Sep 5, 2015.

1. I'm sick of moving my plants back and forth to the covered deck when it rains. Well, I just moved them back onto the patio in full sun and its F-ing raining! And I'm not home! Ahhhhh! I plan on taking paper towels to the plants to sop up as much moisture as I can. But how long can flowering cannabis be in the rain before damage is done? Thanks

2. #2 Newoak, Sep 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2015
    Get a plastic bag, and over the top of the pot so the rain doesn't get to the soil, this will help. Also put clear plastic over the top of the plant when it rain?

3. they can handle rain no problem just shake them off when you can

4. It depends on the strain, the temperature, and how far along in the bud cycle they are.

Where I live (western Washington), many strains are prone to mold in October, when nighttime temperatures start to drop after a month of solid budding.

Covering them with plastic traps the moisture... I haven't had great luck with that. Shaking the rain/condensation off the buds is definitely a good idea.

I have spent years moving budding plants into the sun/out of the rain. It's a pain.

5. You could just get an umbrella on a small pole and make like a roof for it? lol

6. I have a battery operated blower I use to get water off

7. I don't worry about summer and very early fall rain. Later on, I slide them under my overhang at nights and I do the same when it rains.

8. Heavy rain forced some of the white hairs on my buds to turn orange

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk