how much possession of weed is considered a felony amount in the UK?

Discussion in 'General' started by Eakzy, Jun 14, 2018.

1. first of all i would like to say i am from the UK so weed is illegal regardless but most of the time you get cautioned if you get caught with some weed for personal use. Also i know it depends on alot of factors like if you are caught with scales and baggies you'll get charged with intent to supply, i don't intend to sell any weed but i want to have atleast 4 ounces of weed (1 ounce of 4 different strains) stashed in mason jars in my room, i would smoke this myself throughout the year and maybe let friends have some (not sell to them). so back the the original question would i be charged with a felony for having this much on me in my property.

2. Anymore then an Oz it's classed as dealing in the eyes of the law.. you'll get a caution for an Oz or under & anything over you get a fine & possibly court depending on how much..

Why do you need 4 ozs at a time???

You can also get caught growing 3 plants & it's classed as personal use you'll also get a fine & the plants took off you if caught

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. that's better than fuckin' FL lol

also agree that 4 oz is a bit much to have for personal but as long as OP isn't selling it then he shouldn't draw police attention. just don't tell everyone you know that you keep a large stash.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. As long as it's sitting in your room, and you don't have bunches of people
    coming over all the time, I doubt the cops would even know you have it.

5. Hello mate, there's no specific amount. You can grow 5 plants and it's personal, or you can possess a random number of 13 ounces and still be personal but I'd throw away your scales if you have any or just put them somewhere to gather dust.

It's up to the officers to decide whether it's personal or for sale, give them no reason to think it's for sale (that includes when your out of sight because you will be watched if they think you are selling) and they'll brush it off as personal.