How much perlite do I add to my soil mix?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HEADDS, Jan 11, 2006.

1. Hi all...a quick question. I purchased a bag of Scotts soil mix and Scotts perlite at Home DePOT lastnight and I wanted to know how much perlite do I add to the soil. Half soil, half perlite? I think I remember reading on another forum 70% soil, 30% perlite..does this sound about right? I am not satisfied with the other forum I was posting on so I decided to come here in hopes that you guys know more about growing...any help is greatly appreciated :)

2. HIGH All, nothing wrong with that %..the more perl..the better drainage.

3. Most places recommend something like 2 parts soil to 1 part perlite (33% perlite). I usually use more like 3 parts soil to 1 part perlite though (25%), and still get decent drainage.

It's not an exact science though, and I guess anything up to about 50% would probably be fine.

4. You can use 100% perlite. You'll need to add nutrients and shit obviously but there are straight perlite grows and they look FANTASTIC just makes sure to poke Holes in the bag and rinse perlite peices thoroughly as they can shock your plants big time. Dont breath in perlite dust as I've heard it can contain asbestos, i usually just wrap my t shirt around my face bandana style and its fine

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk