Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much Oil can I make with an Ounce of potent trim/shake?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by darkr166, Aug 2, 2013.

1. I have over an ounce of potent trim/shake with lots of small buds and keif mixed in.

My ultimate goal is to make a batch of brownies but I wanna be able to ration out my ounce instead of using it all for one batch cause its hard to come across this much trim/shake thats potent where i am from.

Would half an oz w/ the oil required by the box of brownies be good enough to make potent fudge brownies?

2. half oz? I think they'd be waaaaaay more than "potent" with that much in them.

3. Im seeing receipes of people using various amounts such ranging from 3.5 grams, 7grams, 14 grams, half o and O so im not quite sure how much to use since it will be my first time creating edibles. 

4. Also while I am at it, how can I divide the pieces equally?

You're asking GC how to cut a rectangle into even pieces?

6. I'd go for the 1/2 oz per batch for good trim.  I use an oz but I'd say the trim I've used was average.  Whatever you do, read badkitty's thread on decarbing and making the oil first, if you haven't already.

Ive been looking over her guide http://forum.grasscity.com/incredible-edible-herb/742831-badkats-cannapharm-canna-caps-uv-reactive-glowing-hash-candy-canna-bombs-more.html/page-17#entry11299348

So that method is more recommended then the slow cooker/crock pot or saute method? 

8. I use the oven - decarb the weed first, put it in the oil, seal it up and put it in the oven.  Let it cool, then strain the shit out of it with cheesecloth and  use it in the brownie mix. 

9. Thanks, Ill try this method. 

10. I use 28grms for every cup of oil, I believe that's about .43grm per serving, then you just dose according to your tolerance. How much do you smoke in a session? If it's a half a grm per session than start with half a brownie or a qtr.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #11 darkr166, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
    Ok I made 2/3 cup of cannaoil with the whole oz of potent trim/shake.

I have 2 Ghirardelli brownie mixes, 1 is double chocolate and the other is chocolate supreme. Each requires 1/3 cup of oil.

I have 2/3 cup of cannaoil... so should I make 2 seperate batches of brownies? Or should I combine the 2 brownie mixes and make 1 big batch? Would potency be the same if I did 2 batches?

12. Do them separately and do them exactly as specified on the box - you don't want to screw it up now.

13. Use half a oz

After you have made them you will need to test how strong they are. Eat a little piece and go from there.

You may end up with a lot of little browines b/c they arw so strong

14. I think I might have messed up during straining cuz I used over 2/3 cups of oil then after straining i only got just over 1/3 oil so only enough for 1 batch :(.

Think the cheese cloth sucked up alot of oil