How much of a difference?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Johnisriot, Mar 7, 2009.

1. How's the difference between ferts and nothing?

2. growth speed (which means final size OBVIOUSLY)

I've had non-cannabis plants remain in the same soil for 10+ years with no nutrients added.

3. The plants need a source of nutrients, which is found to some extent in some soils. But no nutrients at all and the plant will die.

4. nutrients are like food for plants

5. then i wonder how most of my house plants survived ;-)

seriously, in my parents house are plants that are older than me (25) and havent had nutes in forever years :p (I know because I asked them when I took some clippings from their plants... they got nice plants)

6. Like the difference between you eating and not.

7. Nutes in the soil, low needs from the plants.

8. Absolutely, toasty, those slow growing house plants just needed a low level of nutes - the soil provided that for years.

But a fast-growing annual plant - like MJ - will need a high level of nutrition if it is to provide a good yield of bud. Like many other experienced growers, I provide that in 2 ways, nutes added to the soil, horse shit and wormcasts primarily, and liquid ferts added during the grow.
    That is how I got 18 ounces a plant (dried) in my last grow.
    Give nothing and that is what you will get.

9. ah I understand. That means I'll have to tell my parents it's time for them to give nutes to their plants :p I swear, they are reaching the 10+ years without any nutes.

Then again.. they are growing too big :-O

But ya, with MJ, nutes are always best, i just didnt think your plant would DIE.