How Much Much Weed Would I Get Off Of 320 Watts Of Cfls?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by R0CKY, May 25, 2013.

1. i have 3 plants about 3-4ft tall each how much yield should i expect?

2. Guessing yield is a guessing game at best.

3. 1 gram too a 1 pound

4. #4 tplat, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
    Seriously doubt a pound using 320 watts cfls. Maybe 3-4 ounces at most but that's being optimistic.

5. #5 Vaporist, May 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2013
    I used eight 55-watt CFL's (2700K color temp, made by GE) in flowering and got nine ounces out of a 6½' sativa in soil. The buds were dense and potent. My hydro buddies were very impressed. I used four 40-watt 48-inch fluorescent tubes (6500K color temp) in two shop light fixtures during veg.

Don't let the people knocking the CFL's discourage you, because they can produce killer bud. It's not just good lights that create great buds... it's good growers who learn how to keep a plant healthy and thriving from germination to harvest. If you can't do that, the most expensive HPS bulbs won't help you. What I am trying to say is, go with what you can afford and just focus on becoming a good grower. If you do that, the CFL's will be adequate.

One of my friends invested over $3,000 in his hydro setup, and I am producing just as good of buds with my $250 investment. You would freak if you could see the buds I am producing under eight $10 light bulbs. I place them all around the plant to give it maximum photosynthesis even on the lower branches using clamp fixtures and four cheap $10 microphone stands. My hydro buddies with their 1,000-watt HPS bulbs ate their words when they tested the goods.

The second best shit I`ve ever grown was my first grow with CFL`s the best shit I`ve ever grown to date was with HID lighting. You`d be surprised what one can grow with cfl`s but with him being a beginner with 320 watts for 3 plants don't expect large yields just yet, that comes with experience for quite a few. Fortunately I had well experienced growers coming over on a daily basis helping and teaching me 5 years ago. I had 2 indoor Romulan plants that finished out around 5 feet tall each and got 2lbs of finished product under 1 1000 watt HID light. CFL`s might work better with sativas since their a more open plant unlike indicas. The trick is finding what works best for you and running with it.

7. "One of my friends invested over $3,000 in his hydro setup, and I am producing just as good of buds with my $250 investment. You would freak if you could see the buds I am producing under eight $10 light bulbs"

Ok, I'm ready to freak out; lets see them...

J

8. Quality yes, with cfl... weight? No...lol.. not close...its debatable because cfl has different par levels fir different bulbs... they also make the 4400k .. hitting 440
    NM. Nanometer .. peak of photosynthesis .. different par levels means hitting full spec... as far as the 1000 Watt getting 2lb Thad not great. Considering one should get a gram per Watt...so with a 1000 Watt 1000 grams.. hid light... IMHO check out cmh bulbs and there par levels... photosynthetic active radiation ... .. perfect ifull spectrum metal halide ... through in a super hps enhanced spec and you have the best lighting ...lol.. my opinion ...

9. Yeah, that sure isn't great. I mean come on! He only pulled two pounds instead of the 2.2x pounds he should a got with the 1 gram per watt. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. A 100 grams is a qp .. a quarter pound worth of a plant.. that's a hell of a lot of missing growth .. a lot of bud sites missing ... I mean Come on! Lol... ever seen a quarter pound plant.?? Imagine that on top of his growth ... yeah a lot...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I827 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. You might get 4 marijuanas.

12. Not saying its not good getting 892 grams... it is good... but there was obviously mistakes... and if I can get 5 ounces on a plant with a 150 watt first time dwc then I am only left to assume I would get 1000 grams with a 1000 watt... with optimal conditions that is

13. Best I ever did with CFL's was 3oz. from a single plant under 250w in soil. I consider myself to be an "average" grower, skills wise.

14. 6 week flower

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 GoldGrower, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014

You got 5 oz of bud from a 150w CFL? That has to be a world record.

5oz from just 9000 lumens
    At that rate if you used a 1000w HPS that puts out 140,000 lumens you should be able to get 78oz, or almost 5 pounds

Using 320w of CFL I would expect around 3-4 oz 

16. And it was a 150 watt hps... bur yes...got a 5 ounces... for a fact.. not cfl... that would be defying science...lol... but with. A 150 watt its achievable ... I know guys get 1.2 grams per watt.

17. 1/2g per Watt under optimal conditions with CFL
    1g per Watt with HPS

Unsure of LED's but if someone knows let me know

18. Small HPS bulbs don't give off as much light per watt as larger HPS bulbs so "grams per watt" isn't a fair comparison across all bulb sizes. But it's still ok for very rough estimations. I think half gram per watt for fluorescents and a gram per watt for small HPS bulbs would be great results. Getting 250 grams from a 250w HPS would be very hard I think

19. How much bud will I get if I get 20 lights...? Loll jk

IgOTbAdAdDs0rRy If iCoNfùSeD u