How much money should I be getting per pound?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Ethan morales, May 10, 2020.

1. Hey guys just trimmed a pound and a half for this dude, when i brought up how much money it was going to he i said 300 for the pound and a half, he proceeded to tell me thats not how much its worth. I trimmed the pound and a half in 17 hours. In everyones opinion what is this work worth. Keep in mind I'm from CO. Thanks everyone!

2. Idk man, 350 for 24oz is pretty low.

3. takes me 8 hours for 2+oz.

4. If its goin outbound and you know it tell em 12.

5. So this guy is trying to screw me over?

• Like Like x 1
  6. or you didn't do that good a job. did you get in there and remove the bud leaf? or did you just cut the outer portion of the bud and therefore the eye appeal. can we see a pic of your work? but i would say $350 is fair wage for a shop worker.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Is it cbd flower by any chance.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Its not unfortunately, but thank you for the useful info

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Yeah, if its good try and find someone that can do atleast 50 an oz.

10. 300 sounds fair plus 17hrs to do 1.5 pounds makes me think you have just recently learned trimming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Out in Cali we were getting 140-150 a lb but I also sat next to trimmers who were able to trim with a little bit of shaving here and there close to 3+ lbs obviously trimming bigger plants / strains probably closer to 2 lbs in smaller strains in 8 hours. I was lucky enough to maybe get 1 lb in a 8 hour shift...

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Im retarded. Thats 20 bucks an hr. Thoight you were selling a pound and a half.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Yea I’d have to agree here that’s a little bit over a oz a hour which is really slow, outdoor farmers imho wouldn’t even keep you on with that speed

• Like Like x 2
  14. Theres a lot of factors left unconsidered here. Quality of the bud, how good was the trim job, is it fluffy or dense, is there big stems left, etc etc. Several factors will influence the price of bud..

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. He's asking what he should charge to trim a pound and a half for someone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I would say take your states min. Wage and multiply it by the hours you worked and if you got that or more in cash you did fine.

17. like me!

18. I’m located in MI. 20$ an hour for all jobs. Hand trimming, take down, defoliating etc. they did by weight once and it was 100$ a #

19. Thanks for clearing up the confusion!

20. Whats your Weed Trimming Union have to say about this?

• Funny Funny x 1