How much money is that? Really...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Limecat, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Government liabilities rose $2 trillion in FY 2010: Treasury | Reuters

Well,

This much. 6' man at bottom left for reference:

In $100 bills...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I'll take a1/4 please

3. For reference as to what spending that much would mean ....

If you spent 1 million a day. It would take you 1 millions days to reach a trillion dollars. Thats well over 2000 years.

I know some of you are aware of these numbers, but some people aren't. I know when i first heard that for reference it blew my mind.

4. Only the U.S. and their "big government" ............:rolleyes:

5. Didnt the government 'lose' about 2 trillion recently?

and I mean lose and they literally lost it. They dont know where it is

6. really?:eek:
    lets go find them!

7. Yea ... because SMALL governments lose their money in the trillions ...

8. They did lose a lot of money like that before. You know when?

9/10/01

Wanna guess where those financial files were stored?

9. #9 GreenReaper56, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
    Yesssssir I believe this was on 9/10/01. Correct me if I'm wrong, and then on top of that [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYNVNhB-m0o[/ame] Oh but big government is GOOD we need it for our own good. Riiiight.

10. I was getting to this. Though I think they did it again recently as well.

The strangest thing with this fuckup, is that the portion of the Pentagon that was hit was the financial sector that would have held these documents. Coincidence?

11. I say this because no other heavily involved government has racked up such a large debt.

12. #12 GreenReaper56, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 22, 2010
    Yet EVERY thread we talk about the BIG govt being involved in, you're against? okaaaaaay:confused: You see OUR govt is C.O.R.R.U.P.T. meaning not for the people. Do you not see how they spend more than what comes in CONSTANTLY by the billions and trillions and then wanna MILK EVERY last dollar from us even more and then keep saying how thats still not enough?

That is why we are in such great debt.

Also no heavily involved govt has racked up such "debt" bcuz we were founded on freedom and wont just lie down and take it like you and other countries. We actually care.You just work and say "here govt here's my money you can have it"

13. There's a difference between " big governments"(Canada, EU) that spend tax payer money wisely and the U.S.......

That still doesn't justify why other capitalist societies aren't in the drain like the U.S.

14. Hey come here...no a lil closer. Capitalism truthfully exists (but is being hindered by BIG GOVT) and is supposed to FULLY exist HERE in the U.S.

15. Look around you, Canada, the EU, Australia, and Japan are all capitalist AND have big governments:eek:

16. Gnite dude.

17. LOL! I just realized I've been using the term big government incorrectly! But you get the point; countries that are more involved in social programs are better off.

18. Except the Soviet Union, Greece, Portugal, Zimbabwe, Japan, etc. The US is not the first country where its debt is approaching its GDP. And the US has plenty of government-funded social programs.

19. Yep

World Debt Clocks