Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much money do you typically spend every month on herb?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Goggalor, Nov 29, 2012.

1. If you're lucky enough to have access to concentrates, you can add that to the price too.

I spend $600 on average per month. I smoke a gram a day, and a gram is $20 around here.

2. $0-$0 1/2 dollars. I have a friend :D

3. who would brag about buying a gram a day...
    why not pick up an ounce & save a few hundred dollars...
    thats just not a very smart way to buy herb.

i drop around $200-400 a month.
    & i smoke well over an ounce...

bud is $20 a gram where i live as well....

4. #4 Goggalor, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    Who would assume I was bragging?

I wasn't aware it was a contest. And not all of us can get together $3-400+ at one time. I'm well aware of the savings once you start buying in divisions of ounces instead of by the gram. I don't even buy by the gram every time, so not sure why you'd assume that. I mostly buy 8ths that last me 3 days. That's why I said about a gram a day.

5. About $100 a month on electric bill :).

6. in 7 days you would spend $140.
    if you had a little bit of self control you could easily get a quarter.

right there you save $20 - $40.

in 14 days you would spend $280.
    pick up a half...
    and you save $80 - $90.

its not a contest its called money management.

do that over a year.
    youll realize how wasteful you are with your money.

7. #7 Jumbo, Nov 29, 2012
    2 billion dollars

i smoke 4 grams a week

do this. take a t-break for a month, save up. you will never buy under a half ounce again probably....

you get all that weed, make it last, all while saving up for the next time. by the time the weeds gone, you have enough money to reup a fat sack.

buying grams and even eighths is wasteful (unless you got that super OG hook).

8. I haven't bought weed in more than 2 months, but I would typically spend about $50 a week. So 200 a month.

9. Maybe you could just not assume to know a complete strangers situation. It's not my money.

10. Not a damn dime:devious:

11. its called self control man.
    if your mommy & daddy give you a $20.
    save it.

or get a job like most adults.
    :rolleyes:

12. Again, you're being ignorant.

A.You don't know me
    B. You're acting condescending as hell. Take that shit to Reddit.

13. How do you spend $600 of not your money every month? :confused:

I spend around $400, maybe a bit less. :smoke:

14. $600 a month!?!?!? What about the $7200 a year???

15. you said: "I spend $600 a month" so he's not assuming, he's going off what you said you spend a month :rolleyes:

16. When I do smoke daily around £2.50-10 a day.. (Lets average it out at £5) With occasional £20 bag's picked up..

I would say I used to spend around £150-300 a month, I'm not proud of this, i'm infact ashamed, If It was as easy to grow, I would have had a year's supply or more for that price.. and could of brought much nicer thing's rather then being stoned for a few hours

17. What the fuck. Can u guys quit arguing? jesus. I'd say an eight for about a week and a half (bowl or 2 an night) for 25$
    So about 50 if I just buy a quarter

18. It's my anti-depressant. It's the only thing that's ever alleviated my depression. No pills have worked. It's prevented me from killing myself numerous times. My dad knows it helps so he used to give me $20 a day to buy a gram. He's not into it and doesn't understand about the savings. He also can't afford to gather up $400 at once for an ounce. He has lots of bills and we don't make much money. I can't just "wait a month and save up". It's not as easy as "having self control". It's a matter of life and death at times.

My Dad is starting to realize the savings though as I explain it to him and I've gotten him to agree to buying 8ths. That's the most I've been able to talk him into.

I receive SSI monthly, and although some would demonize me for spending that money on what to them is just some street drug, it's far less costly than a long-term, in-patient Hospital stay I receive $465/m and my share of that is $100. The rest is supposed to go to food, clothes, and other necessities. Now that my Dad knows about the savings and is seeing it when I show him the bags, I've talked him into giving me a little more so I can get a half.

I don't have control of when and where I get the money, and I can't work the type of jobs I'm qualified for, so even though I'm well aware buying a gram a day is wasting money, it's all I have. If it were my money, I'd buy an ounce at the beginning of the month and it'd last me the whole month probably. But since it's not my money and money is a struggle every week with my family, I have to take it when I can get it. And if you knew me irl, you'd know that taking the $20 and just saving it all month like that is not an option. Don't think that in the 5 years that this has been going on I've never thought about it. It's just simply not feasible.

19. #19 mosesnumb, Nov 29, 2012
    Have you ever tried? Go organic and water the plant everyday, harvest, dry, cure, SMOKE!

Edit: don't literally water everyday...

20. I hope you don't think I was raggin on you. I was legitimately curious