Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much MMJ will you get prescribed for chronic back pain and how many plants?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hashbrowns742, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have chronic back pain, I live in England but out of curiosity how much MMJ could I get prescribed for that alone? (I have several other conditions that MMJ can help...I know form experience ;);))
    And how many plants would I be permitted to grow?

2. I am so sorry to tell you that England does NOT have MMJ yet. :( You may be able to get Sativex or Marinol (Dronabinol) prescribed for your problems, but that's as far as it goes. (If you get a choice, use Sativex- it's a plant extract, while Marinol is just synthetic THC.)

All I can suggest is to become an activist and work toward medical legalization. That first link in my sig has a list of MMJ studies to help you convince others.

Granny :wave:

3. I know haha, but I was wondering if I was in the states :) Sorry, I should've worded it better. But I like my hypotheticals :)

4. I could be wrong, but from what I've seen, I don't think theres a limit as to how much you need to purchase in cali. You can buy ozs and however many plants you need, though I think theres a limit on how many plants you can grow. maybe 4? Someone correct me if I'm wrong

5. Please come to boston in the springtime! Then get your ass on a plane for oregon. Its a recomendation you get base on medically documented pain history. I can keep up to 24 oz. On hand (1.5 lbs of finished product). That dont include my grow cause its not a product. I get 6 flowering plants and 18 youths under 12x12 inches and non flowering. So i have to smoke like a fiend to keep up with a full grow. My plants grow to one foot and i flower them under a scrog net. Mature they are less than 24 inches and average a couple ozs each. Cerainly more than i can smoke, so i turn it into a light weight product like hash and either smoke it on evening occasions or share it to other patients. This seems like a lot o pot! But the program is designed so that sharing and trading products is a considerable part of helping patients who cant or dont have the funds or place to produce their own. But if you are a heavy smoker you will love the liberal amounts available. Also the environment on oregon lends itself to huge outdoor plants. Really you could get your elbow and a half from one plant during the summer. Ive seen trees here with a base the size of my forearm. Check out the thread on the states with mmj acceptance and i think youll want to choose the pacific nw. -d-

6. #6 deweyj, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011

do you see a md for pain? Do you have a documented history of treatment by an md or bone dr? This would be a requirement you know, so if you havent you must establish this history to qualify. There are many other factors to qualify and they may vary from state to state. See high times spring 2011 medical marijuana back cover page with state maps(CALI = 8 OZS) IT DONT SAY HOW MANY PLANTS, i think it regulates the grow by square feet if i remember correctly, then see the grass city thread on states for histories and new as well as old laws. i just checked and the numbers are not f2 gardens it is 6 mature and 12 babes but still only 8 oz unless your dr recommends more.
    -d-

7. Every state is different as to what qualifies you and how much you can grow. Some states don't even allow growing.

In any case, check the "Do You Qualify" thread.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.