Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much longer? [Michigan]

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Nickkycubba, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Hey GC! As of right now I believe I'm good to go with Michigan's MMMP. I got my recommendation on 6/22, certified my mail and sent that in 6/23, then now just checked and my money order was cashed 6/27! :hello:

Now my question. How many more days must I wait until I am a legal patient in MI? Does it go by the date the money order was cashed or the recommendation date?

---> Also I can't print out anything saything that my payment was accepted...is this a major issue? Moneygram doesn't offer a tracking service online. I called in and they said that the money order was cashed and I checked USPS.com and my paperwork was delivered. (I did send them both together to the state)

Awaiting responses:smoke:

2. I think its 21 days from when your check was cashed. And for the money order thing, just make sure u keep that and all you paperwork on you at all times.So if a dispensary needs to verify that you are a patient they can call the number on the money order and make sure that its cashed and it has been 21 days since its been cashed.Hope this helps

3. 21 days after the state cashed your check, but make sure you keep a copy of that money order as proof.

4. Thanks for the responses. I have a packet, pretty much, of paperwork that I keep with me. In the back I have a scanned copy of the money order along with the original receipt from the money order stapled to my "packet" of MMMP paperwork.

Hopefully the days go by quick :smoke:

5. Yup, sounds like you're good go!

However... you may be just fine right now... check this out from thier FAQ

Question: Do I need to keep a copy of my application and any other information I send to the MMMP?
    Answer: Yes. If your application has not yet been approved, denied or terminated you may provide law enforcement with a copy of your written documentation submitted to the department; you must also submit proof of the date of mailing or other transmission of the documentation. This documentation shall have the same legal effect as a registry identification card, until such time as you receive your card or you have received notification that your application has been approved, denied or terminated.

source: LARA - Frequently Asked Questions

While a dispensary might not sell to you... if you get caught in the meantime you're covered as long as you have the above mentioned documentation.

Enjoy!
    ~blaaam~

6. Thanks, that was exactly what I was looking for! Cheers every, got some purple haze that's about to be lit in celebration :smoke: