How Much Longer Before I Should Harvest Her??

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by NOMAD3, Feb 2, 2020.

1. First grow. Indoors.
    Girls Scout Cookies Extreme Autoflower.
    She’s 9 weeks 5 days from seed.
    My question is how much longer would you expect her to take before she’s ready to be harvested?? Her pop corn buds still seem a little undeveloped, should I wait for those to develop a little more?

Attached Files:

2. TO THESE EYES...........its ready to be chopped.........................of course you can ALWAYS "spot harvest" plants if you want to.........to give the lower popcorns more time to develop............but I don't recommend judging your entire plant for harvest or not.........on the lower popcorns............I suggest cutting them when they look prime time........

• Like Like x 1
  3. I was thinking the same, to just fully harvest her altogether so I’ll probably do it tomorrow. Will her smoke be good even with the new white pistols that keep growing in?

h

4. 20190922_085342.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Those lower ones really don't look even close to ready. They could probably still get way bigger and I doubt they'd smoke well or get you very high. Next time you might want to try topping or at least heavily LSTing that main cola so you get a more even canopy. That cola looks awesome though . I would chop that one and let the others go longer if you're not in a rush to start your next batch.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

6. Thanks for the advice, next time I definitely will do LSTing as I really didn’t understand the technique until too late into the grow . So I CAN chop the cola down and she’ll still continue to produce her other buds ??

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I did the same my friend. Didn't realize the value until it was too late, lol. I haven't tried a partial harvest myself, but I've heard it can be done. They might slow down a bit though. I only just harvested my first grow so I don't have a ton of experience.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2

8. [​IMG][​IMG]

Got ya well I was able to take pics of my trics so I’ll probably just give her another week or two so mature a little bit more. Thanks for the info you could provide though! Truly appreciated

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. lots of growers harvest the main cola first and give the lower buds a chance to grow bigger ,,,enjoy our harvest ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  10. enjoy our harvest

Freudian slip, Mr. Mac? Dont get me wrong - I totally and completely agree.

OP - harvest the top
    And then lower your light a bit if possible and blast the lightIng at those lower buds to allow them to mature.

Also - just curious as to how deeply you read the terms and conditions when you joined GC earlier today?

No big deal or anything - but on page two, about halfway down there is a clause that states that you must share your first and largest cola with @mactheman & @jerry111165 -

Its just a one time thing so no worries. We’ll get back to you soon with a mailing address to send it once its cured.

Nice job and @mactheman and I look forward to testing this for you - all in the name of Science, of course.

Welcome to GC.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. :eek2:;)yep looks like a Freudian slip Jerry ,but he can share it if he wants to i dont mind one bit mate,,lol,,mac.

12. That works both ways though right? He sends his top you send yours? Come on man sharing is caring lol

OP good job man!
    You could harvest the top and leave the rest to finish like everyone has said, or you can wait till trichs get higher % amber, then take the top.

It really comes down to how much longer you want to wait. The sooner the top goes the sooner the bottom finishes. The other side is, the longer it stays the more sedative the stone, and longer you wait

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. Trichs still look all clear to me. It should stop looking so sparkly and look more like it's dusted in powdered sugar when it's nearly time.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2

14. Wait are y’all serious? What’s a Freudian slip?

• Like Like x 1
  15. lol in my post i said enjoy 'Our' harvest' should have said enjoy 'your harvest' ..of course ya can can share your (our) harvest if ya want to ,,,just joking of course mate ,,,mac,,

• Like Like x 1
  16. Just some friendly ribbing with the new guy Nomad lol

Welcome to GrassCity - glad to have you aboard.

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. hi Jerry please dont talk about ribbing ..bloody old frank the cat ( m 16 year old cat) tripped me up and i fell and hurt my ribs ,man they are sore mate ,,no laffing cuz it bloody hurts ,,,,lol ..mac,

• Like Like x 1