how much light?

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by chotus, Jan 29, 2023.

1. hi guys just looking for help on how much light is 2 much I'm needed to do stealth from now on as I'm used to growing in a 4mx2m in which I never worried about how much.

I'm going the good ol pc case since I just built a new one it's 23cm wide 53cm long and 52cm high bigger then your standard case. I was looking at 2 spacific led lights one using 65watts one using 130watts. both found on the link below the 600 and 1000 variants. would using these be to much light for the space or aslong as she is kept low n cool all be sweet ?

thanks for any help

https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/aw/d/B093BLNT14/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=AUV5PN0KLI5YM&psc=1&th=1

• Like Like x 1
  2. I really wonder about that light. I run lots of lights and I know what it takes to light it up.

You are in Australia, right? Have you checked out Cutter? You have some serious professional assemblers in your own backyard.
    I linked you a light that seems appropriate, but make sure you get a driver with a potentiometer.

And welcome to Grasscity.

3. thanks for all the info.

yeah mate the land of OZ lol no I hadn't looked into that option yet mainly due to price as I'm currently not workin as recently had brain surgery. if i went the cutter route would i also need a heatsinc aswell ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. they say matching heatsink available on their site and honestly it wouldnt hurt to apply some thermal paste between the heatsink and the board. an extremely thin layer. and for that space you mentioned 60w is more than enough. in your small space even cfls would be enough to get decent weed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ok also second most convenient option is consider KingBrite. I linked some 120w boards that are complete. These options are what I suggest because that amazon light... idk man. I also suggest 3500K color temp.

I was going to also suggest getting some strips and wiring it up yourself, but really that ends up costing just about the same as getting a nice package from KB. I own some of their products and endorse them.

6. TG has some good recommendations there.

To add to that, I strongly recommend measuring light intensity, our eyes are terrible at guessing it. Get a 30 dollar lux meter from Amazon, and you will know. "Never guess when you can test"

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. let me tell you right now if you want to know how to control and maximize your lights invest in a PAR meter... its the ONLY efficient way to measure and study what strains are able to take and maximize at what specific levels of photosynthetic active radiated levels that allow for maximum photosynthesizing...

PAR meters arent cheap but worth every dollar..

i run 4 HORTILUX 700 ES series lights ( 5x5 ) in my room...

they have 10 different settings for leveling going very high and i raise and lower them on a set of chains as needed and am able to keep them pretty low due to that and knowing what appropriate amounts of PAR levels to give when,

PAR is consistent across any and all spectrums, and its a solid variable and the only one with light in my opinion to be capable of being 100% certain about not to much and what is and how to get the most out of your lights

it will vary like everything you give plants per strain and what they want

but ive never gotten light burn ever since ive had my meter

And ive had it for 7 years ( works completely like new, never took it out of the box use it straight out of it )

that's my 10 $c