How much light to reveg a clone barely in flower to save for a mother?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Funtogrow, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Thanks for any advice/help.

So here's the deal, I have some clones from my sativa bagseed girl that started flowering in the greenhouse and I need to get one back in veg to hold over as a mother. The daylight hours here right now are just over 18, I was really surprised to see them flip so early. Going by the growth traits of the mother, of which I forced into flower outside, my best guess puts the clones 1.5-2 weeks in flower. I'm off grid so every watt counts as it's pulling off of batteries powering an inverter. I know I need to run her 24/0 to reveg, just curious if one 24w CFL will be enough? I'm currently running one over the cloner tray, I know I can for sure get 12 hrs with 3 going but really don't want to push it as my work schedule is crazy right now and I can't guarantee I'd be back in 12 hrs to recharge the battery so adding one for her (2 total) would give me some breathing room. I just need to know if you think one bulb would be enough to get her to reveg, I'd like to stop flower sooner than later cause I know the longer in flower the longer it's gonna take to reveg.

I'll be getting some better lighting soon, putting up LEDs for the mothers (will have three total), but for now I just want to stop her flowering.

2. And any days I'm actually home I'll put her in the greenhouse to get better light.

3. 18 hours will reveg a plant

Sent from my van down by the river

4. To be safe 16+ hours will hold a plant in veg

16 and below will flower.

Depending on strain this can vary by an hour but to be safe I say 16

5. put if outside ....its free 18 hrs

6. My greenhouse gets full sun for the whole day, so she's already getting 18 hrs of light unless the opaque plastic is making a difference. Thus the reason I want to put her under a light to make sure she's getting more hrs of light.

7. That should be fine in the GH with no other extra light , it takes weeks for them to go back go to veg . they will grow weird leaves for a while, also go back to veg nutes when it starts to need fert ..

8. Except that in the greenhouse is where she was when she decided to flower.....

I'm using organic soil, but I'll give her a nitrogen boost with either bat guano or ewc if needed.

9. wonder if your plant is an auto flower ?

10. I'd have to say no, the clones are off of a plant that is 16 weeks old today. The mother plant I forced into flower 4 weeks ago, didn't think you could force an auto and don't know of any autos that go that long before they flower.

My only guess is she's an early flowering plant, doesn't need as much dark period to flip. I also don't know of any autos that get 4' tall and she's currently 4'3". Maybe a photo got seeded by an auto or vice versa, some strange anomaly, not sure. Both of my indica's have flipped now also (not 100% on one but the new growth sure looks like it to me and it's got that denseness that forming buds have instead of just new growth), and they're in the greenhouse as well.

I wasn't expecting to see the flip on any of them for at least 2-3 more weeks. On another note, these clones started flowering in the cloner tray and actually reveged once they went outside and I thought you couldn't reveg an auto....

11. Where do you live where you get 18 hours of daylight ?

12. Alaska. We're within a few days of dropping under 18 hrs where I'm at. Regardless of why they flipped, my question still hasn't been answered as to wether a single 23w CFL is enough to get the clone I'm keeping for a mother to reveg. She'll still get daylight when possible, but my work schedule is ridiculous so I need to be able to run her under artificial lighting to kick her back into veg.

13. . I see , you Were near 24 hours light and as days shortened it triggered the flowering cycle which would make perfect sense for a photoperiod plant . No different here except we don't close to 24 light but we get 15 light max ,and as the days shorten to about 12 hours which is only 3 hours different ( 15 hours to 12 ) they flower for us . so you went from 23 or so to 18 ( 5 hours difference) which would trigger them to flower . when they are outside the seasons dictate when they bloom . And if you cant keep the hours consistant on the clone ,giving more hours on some days and less on others the plant will be confused to veg or flower

14. Her hrs of light will be the same, just won't be the same light source. Outside during the day when I'm home and inside under lights at night and sometimes during natural daylight hrs if I'm not home to put her out. I'll be getting my LEDs in a few weeks and she will come inside and stay inside thru the winter. I'm just trying to extend her light hrs right now to stop or slow the flower cycle while it's still early. I'm just trying to figure out if one CFL would be enough light to "keep her awake" so she starts revegging....

15. While parts of Alaska hit the 24hr mark, where I live our longest day is about 19.5. So we've only lost 1.5 hrs, I expected flowering to start at the beginning to middle of August. Not that I'm complaining, sure helps beat the cold weather, but I sure would've liked my clones to veg a bit longer.

Thanks for your help.