How much light is needed?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by USER UKNOWN, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Hey there, not grown mary jane before just trying it indoors with a few seeds i have nothing special so it dosent matter if it fucks up but could anyone tell me how many hours of light they will need a day considering im using 150watt fluorescent light bulb per plant, cheers xx:cool:

2. dude you need to read some stickys. Try Kamels CFL Guide, I think its in general indoor growing too. you need to learn about color temp, spectrum's all sorts of stuff.

Growing MJ isnt as simple as water, light seed and dirt.. ALOT to it... Tons of correct info and guides on this site that will teach you (if you read through) how to do everything just about. I came on this site and lurked knowing nothing. After a good week of staring at my computer and smoking out, I was amazed how complex this can get. cause you need the right Ph, the right spectrum of light on the right time 20/4 veg 12/12 flower.

Anyways I'm rambling, do some reading brotha and grow on :D

3. tru on the comp;ex thing but you dont need to know anthing it can get as complex as you say but it is as easy as planting in soil proper light and water.....
    my brother grew a backyard plant wit only water not sayin you cant do a shit load to make this plant some dank but it can be done....

4. #4 aj69420g, Dec 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2009
    outdoor grows are completely different than indoor. outside its in its natural habitat (if your doing in the right season)so it is ALOT easier to keep alive. Inside you have to replicate that outdoor environment. So they are alot more prone to dying if one simple thing goes wrong, as there are tons of variables you need to be on top of.

Just read up about nutes, watering, CFLs and also look at LSTing and 4 Way LST'ing/Topping guide. you'll need to know how to do all of this. Also check out other indoor grow journals. look at problems other people ran into so you can avoid them. That helped me the most..

Woot 420th POST!!! WOOOT!!!!

5. Anywhere from 18 to 24 hours of light a day, your choice.

Then 12/12 when you start flowering.