How Much Light For Seedlings??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Dr.GreenTeam, Jun 28, 2014.

1. So I have a 2x6 144W T5 lamp overhead. 
    Two 42w 2700k CFL's
    and three 65W big CFL's, 6500k

How much of these should be used for seedlings, and how close should they be in proximity?

2. I can get away with ONE 23 watt CFL, the more the better.  (this is for seedlings)

Cfl's can get as close as 1 inch. Pending heat.

3. My veg lights are stationary and I raise and lower the pots on risers depending on height. 3"-4" is ideal IMO.

4. Starting off? I'd say first week you could keep em under 1 each of the 6500k bulbs.  After that, add another bulb a week.  Be sure to add a fan after the first set of bulbs, keep the air moving and get those stems nice and strong :)

5. It depends on how many seedlings. You really need the surface of the bulb to be about 2" from the surface of the leaves. You could use 1 of your CFLs per two plants for the first couple of weeks. If growth is good it's worth using them all by 3 weeks 

This plant is 3 weeks old and spent it's whole life under Just one single 20w CFL. The photo was taken the day I moved it to a 125w CFL

[​IMG]