How much light during dark time is too much light?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by zerbastrips, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Some people say even little light leaks from the tent or even power strips light is too much. But the night is rarely that dark, you have a moon light.

What am I missing?

2. From what I’ve read up to a half a candle light can be bad... I’ve asked a similar question before.. moon light is reflected light from the sun and loses most of its intensity before it makes it back. I just put some electrical tape over anything inside my tent that puts out light(power strips, humidifiers, sensor readers) I have my lights out time at 6 hours right now from 11p-5a so all my lights in the house are off and I don’t worry so much about light leaks.

Not sure if this was the info you were looking for but I hope it helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I did mask all LEDs on pwer strips etc. Just was wondering how crucial it is.... Like plants still flower at night where car pass etc...

4. We setup 8 cameras during flowering for security purposes and the red LED’s turned all 8 plants that were in front of the camera into hermie. After we switched cameras we didn’t have an issue. I’d say a tiny amount can have a big impact....

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have indicator lights on my multi socket adapters and they have never caused any problems. I often open up my tents during their dark hours to water them or just check to see how they are. HPS can wash out so much detail so I like to check them when the lights are off. Sometimes the tent is open for like 5 straight minutes. It hasn't caused me any problems. I also leave my tent vents wide open and the bottom of the doors are never zipped up

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I think a lot depends on the strain and how strong it is

7. How long were the lights on during vegetative stage?

8. Yes some strains are more sensitive than others but no strain is going to be affected by an indication led

9. I’ve read differently. A continuous flashing light or just on can do it

10. I've been growing for over 20 years and countless plants in that time and I have never had one affected by an indicator light. Whoever it was who said they had one affected must have had something else that caused it

11. U could leave ur light on for a full extra 12 hrs one time and be ok. Turn them on for 1 min a day everyday of flower when it’s been lights out and u will get issues. It’s not get a light leak get issues. It’s get a CONTINUOUS light leak and get issues

12. I’ve seen it on here but before that I read it on marijuana grow sites. Then after seeing it on here went back and found it for then

13. Do u actually ALWAYS have little lights in ur grow room uncovered ?

14. But at same time I’ve read that ppl will work on plants during lights off and not worry about outside light getting in

15. Ment Genetics not strains

16. Always, and I leave the bottom of my doors unzipped for ventilation, and the vents are left open. To affect the plant the light needs to be a lot more significant than that. Full moons on a clear night are way brighter than a little indicator LED

17. hmmmm, I may test this once my bag seeds are done and I get my quality seeds in! Is ur vents the regular white mesh? Or is it that fancy green stuff that blocks light?

18. That's what I was thinking. Thanks for confirming.

19. Hey I flower in a room and have to leave the door open lately due to moisture levels and there's plenty of light getting in there and they are flowering fine. I can go into the room and still see. No hermie or reveg or any other problem other than moisture (atm).

• Like Like x 1
  20. Hiw long into flower?