How much light do my plants need?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by drippinghoney, May 9, 2018.

1. I’ve read so many different things on how much light weed needs. I’ve decided to go with LED lights. I’m growing four plants northern lights strand in a 4x4x6 tent. I was thinking of getting two viparspectra 300w lights for a total of 600w. Some people have said this is alright and some say I need twice as much. So...what is the truth?!

2. N
    im not into led lighting i would go with a 400 watt mh/hps for a 4x4 tent

3. Where do you buy your hps lights from? I’ve seen some for cheap on eBay but wonder if they’re trustable

4. LEDs..for flower 35-55 TRUE watts per sq ft (NOT marketing watts)..Vipars, Mars etc all Quote BS watts..the 450 Vipar might draw 200watts at best from the wall..
    I remember seeing 1q 1000watt light that drew 200 watts,,LMAO a record for BS!!;)
    Unless they quote actual..it is pure Bull..search on this forum for Quantum boards..tons of info and there are also a lot of threads on the Hype of the imports

5. Amazon i got apollo hoticulture it was around $190 came with the ballast a hps bulb a mh bulb the reflector a timer and hanging straps.