How much light do I need for 2 lights (CFL's)?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Thom Greenthumb, May 5, 2011.

1. #1 Thom Greenthumb, May 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2011
    And how much light is too much for two plants? Thanks guys.

2. How much light do you need for two lights? How many stoners does it take to screw in a light bulb... calculate this and you'll have your answer. :D

On a serious note...

You can't have too much light, only too much heat.

3. You're asking about CFLs, those are low-intensity bulbs (compared to HPS and MH), I think it would be literally impossible to have too much light from CFLs...

4. i don't think you can overdo it.

put at least 100w (actual) on each plant of 5500 or 6500k color temp. you can do this with 4x26w CFLs on splitters in two light housings.

also the cfls light dissipates really quickly so make sure you keep them close to the plants.

5. Hahaha thanks guys yeah you know what i meant anyway. I meant how much light is too much for two PLANTS. But it seems I can't overdo it?

6. Nope as long as you can keep it cool. 74 degrees to 78 degrees Fahrenheit is ideal. I think 150 watts should be your bare minimum for two plants, if you go that route double the watts in flowering. More is always better. Keep in mind 150 watts of CFLs will simply not penetrate the full canopy of two plants vegetated to a good size. You're gonna want to have side lighting inside and around the canopy as well ideally. Always keep your CFLs within a few inches of the plants.