Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much is in a ounce of kush

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr.Brightside23, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Can someone help me out with the grams.

2. rofl, google would of been faster.....

28, 300, 0000000 megagrams in a kushounce.

3. It's the same weight as an ounce of oregano.

4. Lol
    1 oz = 28 grams
    1/8th = 3.5 grams
    You can figure the rest out...math.

5. 1 oz = 28.3 grams but usually when u buy it, it'll be 28 grams even due to people making things easier and rounding off.

The post the dude made trying to be a smartass and put it in megagrams was waaay off....

6. Do you have a cell phone? Most cell phones these days comes with a unit converter.

Alot of ppl do stupid shit like try to say a ounce or whatever is less then it actually is, in grams. They are just trying to rip you off, a ounce of bud is the same as a ounce of anything else. 1 ounce = 28.35 grams, period. Like the above guy said, most ppl round down to 28 grams. Thats fine with me, i wouldnt bitch over .35 grams, but when somone has a "ounce" that wieghs 24-26 grams that is a rip and they are idiots. Most ppl that do stuff like that are scrubs that try to sell weed just so they can afford to get weed or some other drug.

Avoiding shmucks like that and avoiding the whole drug dealer experience is the beauty behind growing, atleast to me it is... I hate dealers, with a passion.

7. 28 grams is an ounce
    16 ounces is a pound

1 gram is a "blunt"
    2 is a "dime"
    3.5 is an eighth
    7 is a quarter
    14 is a half
    and once again
    28 IS A WHOLE OUNCE.

An oz shouldnt ever be more than 400 for the HIGHEST quality. 400 is bullshit but I know people on the east coast pay that pretty standard

8. there's usually 1 gram in a joint. a blunt can hold a lot more than a gram.

9. #9 WhyAskWhy101, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
    Royal - "An oz shouldnt ever be more than 400 for the HIGHEST quality. 400 is bullshit but I know people on the east coast pay that pretty standard"

Bullshit they do, whoever you know over here is crazy for paying that... Try more like
    $150-$200.

10. a joint is .5

11. How about a joint is however much you pack in a joint?

12. Maybe ones you roll....:p

13. this. plus everything is different where you come from, so it's impossible to say that a dime bag is universally a gram or anything like that which was previously stated

14. Dealers in the eastern united states pay $300-350 per ounce. So yeah, if you want to get dank weed around here it's $20-$25 a gram $60-$75 an eighth (I do refuse to pay more than $65) $110 a quarter, $200 a half, and $400-$450 an ounce.

15. You always see ppl on shows like cops gettting busted for selling, but when they empty the persons pockets out they always have these little coin sized baggies and the cops are like "yeah they have it broke down into dimes, thats how we know they are dealing". The baggies look like there is about a bowl worth of weed in them, I just want to know who the hell is buying these tiny skimp bags as dimes? For that fact, who buys nickles and dimes anyhow? Do these ppl not realize that you usually get a better deal with the more you buy?

A ounce goes for around $150 where im at, but a pound goes for about $1200. There is 16 ounces in a pound, if you multiply 150 by 16 you get 2400. So you get 50% off when you buy a pound. Its like sam's club!!!

16. #16 WhyAskWhy101, Jul 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
    You need a better dealer. I got bud that was a actual strain, not some unknown mids and it was grown locally and would get you stoned with one good hit. I would pay $200 for a ounce of that, seriously. I dont know what you guys are talking about, ive lived on the east coast all my life and i've been smoking for about 15-16 years and have never paid anything like that. It truely blows my mind that ppl pay that much...

Weed only gets so good, I think most strains if grown correctly have around 12% THC. So its not like there is some amazing rare weed out there thats worth paying an arm and leg for. Even if you got your weed from those shops in cali, its still only around 12% THC. Most shitty street weed is around 6% THC and you would have to pay me to smoke that shit.

17. 1 gram isnt called a blunt. A blunt is a blunt, its not 1 gram of weed. Also 2 grams isnt called a dime. Names depend on where you are located. Here a dime is .5 but no one really buys .5's, and 1 gram is a dub.

Also, an oz of very well grown sensi can cost up to $500.

18. I've lived several places in Mississippi, Virginia, Alabama, and North Carolina. I've also had dozens of dealers. I had one guy that charged me $300 an ounce. That was the lowest I've ever got.

19. I just called my buddy that smokes more then I do and he laughed when I asked him if he ever paid that much. I dont know what to tell you, you have been paying way to much. I have been around alot of deals and dealers and have never heard of such prices...

Thats just insane, but I guess everyone pays what they think its worth and I dont set the standard of weed buying. I havnt bought anything in alittle over 3 years now, thats when I started growing. So maybe in the past couple of years weed prices have sky rocketed like gold did or something. Im amazed, thats just robbery to me...

20. Lowest I've ever got in my neck of the woods is 300 a o. Normally 120 a quarter in my neck.