Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much is considered excessive smoking

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by lucasg12, Nov 6, 2013.

1. I've been smoking regularly for 4 years now. I smoke almost every night and sometimes a couple times during the day, but only rarely during the day since I'm always busy with school and work. I keep reading that smoking 3-5 grams a day is excessive, which I believe is true, but it seems crazy to me that THATS where it becomes excessive. I smoke a little as a nightly ritual (probably .2 grams) and feel like I'm spending too much on bud (an 8th will last me 2 weeks). but I don't really spend my money on any other useless things like other people do.

It helps me see the world in a more positive light and helps me appreciate everything around me. when I don't smoke I feel the complete opposite.

should I keep up my nightly ritual? or take a break.

2. Opinions opinions opinions. Do what you wish

3. You're doing it right. Enjoy the herb and control it. :smoke:

4. #4 4 Four 2 Twenty 0, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2013
    I think excessive smoking is more than a gram a day, out of a bong not a joint.

Unless you need it medically there is no need to smoke 3-5 grams a day lol I smoke about .5 and if I wanted to space that out I could be high all day...

I usually goto school for an hour, study at home, or get something to eat and when I get that done I'm smoking around 2-3pm. Then I smoke at night to help me sleep better instead of waking up every two hours.

5. Damn well not gonna lie I think I went thru like 12 gs in a weekend one time but yea that was just blunts and bong rips all days but my $$$ limits me to how much I can smoke and it
    Blows..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. 1/8 every two weeks? You don't smoke enough! But really, I know people that smoke an ounce of dank in 2 weeks. You are definitely not smoking too much.

7. why does it surprise you? smoke as much as you can/want dont put a label on it, Excessive makes it sound like its a problem, and its only a problem if you make it a problem.

i smoke 3-5g's a day easily, i smoke at work, before bed, when i wake up, after shower, whatever. i smoke like their cigarettes pretty much.
    and im perfectly fine.

8. What is this "excessive smoking"? ;)

9. It's different per person, it's all about your own personal preference. 
    What do YOU think is too much for you? 
    If you think you're smoking too much, try cutting down and see how that does it. I went from hitting the entire bong bowl, to small little one hitters every so often, then worked myself back up. 
    I'm sure many of us smoke 3-4 grams easy. 
    You shouldn't worry how much is too much for your body, and find out how much is too much for your wallet. 

10. IMO, if you you have to smoke a gram to get high you need to cut down.

I only smoke .5 a day but I am taking a break for a little because I feel like I rely on it too much and have been meaning to quit for a while.

11. Yeah, it's only excess if you make it more important than your daily life. I smoke all the time, I dab wax when I wake up, and all day, and whenever I go out with friends, I always bring along edibles. I am pretty much high all the time, but I still have an active and healthy life.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. what i consider excessive smoking is to be judged on a few things, like if your spending most of your day puffin it up and like if ur already cooked outa ur tree and still have the urge to smoke more i consider than excessive. but everyone has their own limits no one can tell you how much or how little you need your the only one who knows really how stoned you are and from how much. to me excessive is when the weed starts to take over your life... like your spending most the day getting high or picking up or tryin to gather money to get more thats when ur shits getting out of control.  also when your already extremely baked and still keep smoking up... thats excessive and i dont see a point in that why get so fuckin ripped that ur like only half functioning , once u get to a nice mellow relaxing stone that perfect and enjoyable for your own personal likes thats when your good and anything after that is excessive maybe not overly excessive but its getting there. everyone has their own out look on how much they need to get to their perfect relaxation level and thats when you should stop, sure its fun to just keep going every once n a while n get just straight fuckin rocked but not every day.

what im getting at is that no one can tell someone els they are smoking to much because how do they know how stoned that person is, every one experiences weed differently one persons perfect stone could be after smoking a joint, another person might smoke that joint and take a few budder dabs n then be good. the range from excessive to normal will vary from person to person to me excessive is when you pass that line of the perfect stone n try to hit the peak of fuckin cooked.

13. As long as your living within your means, there is no such thing as "excessive smoking" I used to make about $1800 every 2 weeks and bought a $400 KB ounce every 4 to 6 days and smoked up most of my friends and I never felt this to be excessive smoking because I was never struggling to afford it.
    If you're struggling to pay your bills, then you're paying too much on weed. Make sure priority bills get paid then spend what you'd like on weed :) as long as bills aren't backing up, there's no such thing as "excessive smoking"
    :D

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1384061711.694891.jpg

Sent from my iPad
    * 1+ month THC free, longest month of my life. x_x *

14. This is so correct!
    Like I said, as longs as your bills are getting paid and you're not struggling to make ends meet, there's no such thing as excessive smoking

Sent from my iPad
    * 1+ month THC free, longest month of my life. x_x *

You spend way less on weed than some people spend on fucking Starbucks so don't feel guilty. Have you seen these people? THey buy a shitty latte every single morning from starbucks for $5-$6. I find that so stupid.

16. lol this is all based on the person. an 8th every two weeks is ideal, trust me. I buy a half o like every 2-3 days and have been working on cutting down because I used to be able to make a gram last days. an 8th every week or 2 is probably what most people should shoot for

17. I only consider it excessive if your smoking more than is needed to get high ,and I think getting high 3 times a day or less is reasonable.

18. You are smoking too much if smoking is interfering with your job, school, relationships, etc.

19. I love Starbucks! ><! lol

20. An eighth will last me 2 fucking days bro. You don't smoke a lot if that's what you're asking

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum