How much is an average yield

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by highlife116, Dec 30, 2008.

1. How much pot actullaly is on one plant after its all said and done?:smoking:

2. The way you asked that question is comparable to asking "How fast does a car go?"

It could be anything depending on way too many to list factors...

3. as leapfrog said... horrible question lol.

If your new to growing cannibis, growing indoors, and not employing any advanced techniques, while leaving the plant veg a month and flower for however long needed, an ounce a plant is a good goal, if your a lil more advanced with a great setup, maybe 2 ounces a plant, if your godly 3 ounces, this can all be chenged with longer vegging times, different strains, growing mediums, nutes, lights, space, grow area, humidity, temps, co2, etc etc

If your growing outdoors its harder to say u can get some massive plants or u could have em all die just as easy. Good goal to go for would be about 400grams on a plant, planting it and harvesting at the right time for your hemisphere.

Really though your marijuana plant will grow as much as the effort you put in. And that can fluctuate from grow to grow even in the same environment.

4. well if u grow as well as u ask questions i would say one joint of leaf lol

5. Over 9000!

6. out of my hybrids, indoors, im looking to scoop 2.5 oz - 4.0 oz each plant after a 4 weeks of veg, some LST and 2-2.5 months flowering aprox (depends on strain) thats if i am dialed in for the strain.

7. could anyone give me an estimation if i gave this information?

bagseed, one plant

vegged 41 days, flowered for approx. 60.

FFOF soil

Earth Juice Grow nutes for veg, Tiger Bloom for flower

temp stays between 65º - 76º, depending on if lights are on/off

humidity between 40% - 50%

3 soft white 42w cfls and one 23w daylight cfl

no i don't know the pH level or anything. i'd say its around 6.8

8. well this seems to be one of the most asked questions by new growers on this forum....and if you take the time to look thru a day or two's worth of posts you would get your answer. Just like many said already, there are too many factors to say you'll harvest Xoz from said plant. I say this to everyone I see ask this question(because I have yet to see a exp grower ask it) Use your first grows as lessons...Learn the "how to's" of growing and consider the harvest a bonus. Take what you learn on past grows and apply them to future grows to make sure you dont run into the same problem(which many new growers do, because they dont take the time to find the problem...they instead ask someone to tell them what to do). Learn and plan now...reap rewards later

9. I feel so sorry for you indoor growers with your little lights and little harvests. As an outdoor grower, I grow in pots on my roof, I average 18 ounces of dried bud per plant. Hope to smash that in ´09.

10. not everyone can live in beautiful Spain though cantharis :p lol

as for me, this is just, i guess you can say, my "trial" grow, just to see how simple it is & if i can do it. next time i'm gonna order some good seeds & use mh & hps lights & do everything a little better than i am this first time

11. #11 __black_water__, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    yea, jerk!

jk, jk, you are not a jerk at all. i envy you. :hello:

12. 18 oz a plant is disgusting...screw this indoor forum im moving to the outdoor forum now lol...

13. Can I rent some space on your roof? Would be nice not to have to worry about the choppers and such. Besides, I need a vacation!! LOL

14. Ya know, my first reaction was, "Oh jesus, another one...."

But then, I did what we should all do when smacked with a sudden urge to put out the smack down.... I hit the bowl.

Upon reflection, this is actually a really damn good question - even for someone who has been growing for years.

Think about it: Let's say YOU have been growing for a year or more and perhaps ya have maybe 7-8 harvests under your belt. The only way you have any idea if you're doing good or not is by comparing with other growers.

Through this comparison there is an obvious average that is formed...and there ya have it - the 'average' yield.

This number may not mean much in my own grow - but it's certainly a small landmark to gauge by.

My personal vote goes to Grim for not only the estimation but classification as well.

15. I'd say that an easier way to do it is to measure by how much light you use. IDK about CF's but HID's you should get at least 0.5 g per watt of light you're using, otherwise you're wasting your time.

16. cheers klutter this is only the numbers ive kinda noticed from floating from grow journal to grow journal. By the way i meant as a novice, 1 ounce per plant is your goal, not that you should assume this is a minimum u get :) just to clarify for any new growers out there