How much hydroton

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by RepusReworg, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Im having some trouble getting seedlings to get good roots in my dwc (i hate seeds) Any ways im doing all my reading again to make sure i get everything on T this time

Having trouble finding how much hydroton should be put in the net pot before you add the Rockwool cube

I know the water level should be right on the bottom of the net pot, so should i be able to see a bit of water through the hydroton, or does it need more?

2. just prefill your net cup.... then dump it out... this is how much you need.. the cube will only displace very little hydroton...

the cube is placed low in the net cup... then carefully bury the rockwool and try not to crush the stem

the water level is one inch above the bottom of the net cup till the plant is well rooted in the net cup... once the roots are exposed threw the net cup and hanging in the water of your DWC the water level is reduced to one inch below the bottom of the net cup

3. you do not want to see water though the hydroton........ over time this will lead to unwanted fungus/algae. I cover with just enough hydroton to cover up any water that can be seen.....