How much Hydrogen Peroxide?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by sunndropper, Aug 11, 2010.

1. That's what I thought. However if mt material growth is kinda funky right now on an organic set up (drip), then i want to kill that bad and start new with res change. I have 50 gallons and added 150ml of h2o2. I am looking to get rid of bad as the temp rose about 75 and the res started to smell in one day. Water change and res clean are the 25th... So...

2. I use 29% H2O2 from the hydro store - but pretty much just as a momentary treatment. Unfortunately, I have considerable experience with root rot and DWC/RDWC.

H2O2 isn't nearly as effective as a chlorine based disinfectant like UR Roots. Peroxide will immediately react with dead/dying roots and pretty much within an hour it's already broken down. Chlorine based disinfectants will leave a residual free amount that will continue to disinfect. Even with CL, you'll need to keep adding it back every 2 days to maintain it's efficacy.

3. Beneficials are primarily for soil/coco environment. Most of these benefits come from the fungal networks that are formed which can't form in liquid - and so pretty much only bacteria grow - good AND bad. Beneficials CAN be used in DWC, but their liabilities are far more than their benefits. Not that it can't be done - but it makes everything that much more delicate and pathogen bloom is much more likely.

UC Roots or Clear Rez - any of those Cl based disinfectants will be the most stable and more likely to actually prevent root rot.