How much heat does a 250 watt hps put out?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by motoxer, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Thinking about getting a 250 watt hps for my small single plant grow. The space is 2 feet wide 2 feet long and 4.5 feet high. If I get one with a cool tube then power it with a decent 4 inch fan would I have any heat issues?

2. Also, what size fan Is best suited to pull through the hood, it is 6 inch diameter.

3. i have a 600w hps in a 2x2 space i had a 250w cfl before that as soon as i put some ventilation that put the warmth outside the growspace my temps are fine. but before i had any outgoing air and just the cfl going it felt like the sahara. in conclusion you NEED to vent it outside the room.

4. What, that's nuts. Well shit I wonder if I shouldn't go 400 watt then? I just need to be sure I can cool it

5. if you can get a cooltube in there go for 400w there is not alot of diffrence between the two heat wise and the 400w is just about as expensive both for the ballast and bulb. but get a ballast thats outside the room else you get the heat from the ballast too. what i did is i got a 125mm cooltube then i put a 100mm fan into the end of it blowing air at the bulb i just taped some Toiletpaper to form a "gascet" around the fan. it works wonders. then the fan blows in to a 10m long hose wich on the other end has a filter. it is more efficcient to drag throgh the filter but that way this setup doesnt work.