1. Grasscity.com August contest: Follow us on YouTube to be entered to win a PAX 2 Vaporizer! Winner will be announced Sept 1st
    Dismiss Notice

How much from the dispensary can you buy?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by happyganja, Sep 9, 2010.

1. This is a stupid question, but I got my card yesterday and I joined a dispensary. I bought a g, and, well, I kinda smoked all of it already. Haha, since it's like a "prescription" are you limited to what you can buy at a time? I live in so cal by the way.

2. Depends on what state you're in, but here in CO it's 2 oz's can be in your posession. Ask the people at the disp and I can guarantee they'll know.

3. For Shame on your doctor for not explaining the law to you.

I dont know about Cali, but in Montana its an ounce. Im sure Cali has some sort of restriction, but I dont know.

I bet your dispensary knows....

4. i can purchase 2 ounces a day here in CO.

5. Every state and every club will have a different cap. Please though, only purchase as much as you need, if you buy more for other people that aren't patients, that's diversion and that's illegal.

6. I thought it was one ounce a day?

7. the dispensaries in sacramento keep telling me they were told that they cant sell more then a qp to each patient a day.

most dispensaries sell grams to ounces. if you buy more you get a little better deal but like wildwill said, dont get more then you need. the more you have the quicker you smoke it i find.

i buy 1/8ths and 1/4ths because usually its alot cheaper $/bud ratio then the gram prices

8. #8 DankSeeker, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
    8 oz. is the legal possession limit in California w/ a Dr. rec., but your Dr can rec more in specific circumstances.
    Word to the wise; becareful in this real gray area.

9. Thanks everyone. I was not planning on buying it for my buddies. I was just curious.

10. this guy...

11. lmao is that sufficient?

12. is that a two ounce cap on dried product, excluding oils and edibles?

-C