How Much Food Is Enough But Not Too Much???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by suspect, Jun 20, 2007.

1. I was just wondering if anyone knows exactly how much food is just enough so that not to get fertilizer burn or toxic salt build-up during vegitative stage....I havea bunch of healthy 1.5month old plants that i plan on using as mothers and i would like them to grow as fast as possible:confused::confused::confused:

2. I usually use what is reccomended on the fertilizer, but dilute it with water , half fert half water.

Also do not fert it until it is about 24 days old.

3. Hey Suspect,

Well the answer is : There is no answer.

How much food does it take for you to grow? Now can I take that exact same amount and give it to someone else and expect them to grow just as well? No.

If you are crossing over from "OMG I CAN GROW BUD!" to "How do I dial this grow in to perfection"...first, CONGRATULATIONS! :) Nice to see newbs making the switch to fine tuning their grow.

First things first, buy yourself a TDS/EC meter. The way these work (in lamen terms) is they measure the amount of 'food' in the water. Dialing in with one of these is a piece of cake...here's an example:

Mon - Change out nutes/rez. pH to 5.8. Take EC reading. Let's pretend it's 1.5
    Tue - First TOP OFF THE REZ. You need the water level back to what it was on Mon. pH to 5.8. Take EC reading.

If Tue EC is lower than 1.5, your plants are eating more nutes than drinking water, ideal situation.
    If Tue EC is higher than 1.5, your plants are drinking more water than eating...this is the first sign of nute burn since the concentration is too strong for them...so you just add a little more water to bring it back down.

Repeat cycle.....

As you can see this is the ONLY way to find the perfect EC/nutrient strength for your plant in your environment....each strain/enviro is different.

4. thanx for the reply...very informative! exactly what i wanted to know...I do have a dipstick and a ph meter and im using Dutch Nutrient Formula at regular strength + 1 tablespoon of molasses per 2 gallons of water with no noticable signs of disorder....
    should i be doin anything else for my veggin plants to feed them:confused:????