how much electricity do you use? and how

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by cellteck, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Im wondering how much electricity do you use for your grow? and how do you power it? electric company? ect.

Im using 2k watts in lights and probably another 1k in fans. I also run my ac with temp set at 74F.and my house fan running 24/7. Im using the electric company pg&e but im always paranoid of them being suspicious. I tend to turn off my house lights, limit computer use and disconnected my 2nd fridge. 

What about you?

2. I hardly use any electricity. I only have a 400w light and 1 small fan. Only an increase of about $25 per month. I have always believed that the electricity you buy is a product. A company shouldn't be suspicious of you buying more product from them giving them more profit. Now, if the DEA or someone else has their suspicions they would be able to check with the electric company and see how your electric use has changed or compares to others in your neighborhood. I wouldn't worry about the electric company raising a red flag soley on your electric use. You could be using the electricity for any number of reasons.

Blunts, Bitches and Banjos

• Like Like x 1
  3. 100W draw for veg
    400W draw LED cab
    400W draw HPS cab

Another 300W in fans/ pumps
    So about 1200W total, however my HPS and LED are offset so I'm only ever drawing about 800W

800W x 24hours x 30 days= 576kwh

576kwh x 0.08C/kW= 46.08 per month or 138.24 for a whole plants life cycle, typically

• Like Like x 1