Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much edibles for a first time?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by GraceMouse, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Hello all,

I am going to get some edibles for tomorrow and I am curious how much to take. For a reference point, I smoked have a J last night and I was pretty high for about three or four hours. Other thing to note is that I am going to be home alone with no one around, so not sure that matters. I want to have a great time, but not paranoid and crazy. I was thinking maybe starting with 10mg. I am going to be getting them at a local shop. What do you recommend folks?

GM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. If you're a new toker, i'd really recommend that you wait and do it when you won't be alone.

A too intense experience can be a bummer if you're slugging thru it alone.

My suggestion. Split the 10mg with a friend and chill for a few hrs then go from there.

Welcome to the party

cheers!

3. The mantra with edibles is to start low and go slow.

It can take a few hrs to fully kick in so be patient until you know how it affects you.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Go very slow. Don't eat the entire thing. Wait 2 whole hours before taking more. You may get uncomfortably high...if so...it will pass.

5. How much each persons actually needs varies wildly. I need 300mg but my wife is ripped on 5mg. What I take would so freak her out it's not funny.

Take 5mg. Wait 2 full hours. Not stoned take 5 more and wait 2 hours. Still not stoned take 10 more. Wait 2 hours. Continue until stoned..
    While very slow this is the only safe way to find out what each person needs and we all need a different amount.
    What hits you like a ton of bricks I don't even feel.

To much can be like getting extremely drunk. Unable to walk or talk and in a really heavy dose the spins and dry heaves brought on by the endless spins.
    It can take 8 hours or longer to wear off so to much is a long long time to be in total misery.
    Do NOT do this alone until your very experienced with edibles.

If you consume all the edibles you bought and don't get stoned it's just crappy low dose edibles and you'll have to make your own way stronger versions like I need to. I find all dispensary edibles to be worthless crap.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 *dmoney/208*, Jan 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    I'd say anywhere between 20-40mg for your first time should be a good starter, of course only adding to after the effects of what you initially took are fully underway. Smoke some herb along with for best total effect, and enjoy man! PS- also lots of water (and good music) throughout. ;)

jah!/*d$*:smoking:

EDIT: Due to a valid second opinion by LoneGardener, I now would moreso recommend starting at 5mg , and then work your way up if need be from there.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Dispensary edibles suck buy a quarter of flower n make ur own butter

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. JC dude. 20 - 40 mg for a newbie, thats not start low and go slow....

a newbie really should start at 5mg or less.

40mg... give your head a shake dude

• Like Like x 1
  9. I have taken 5mg about 1.5 hours ago, got nothing. Just took another 5. Going to wait another hour and take 5 more.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Have a toke if you can, might be all ya need to get over the hump.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. Didn't really hit my wife first time till about the 3 hr mark

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. I ended up just taking the 10mg and a couple tokes. To be fair, I don’t think the edibles did much. Maybe I need to just jump straight to 20 next time. Thoughts?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I'd try the same again. If you still get nothing, try again starting with 10 and 10 an hour later. Patience is key. You wanna enjoy it, not sit there for 2-3 hrs wishing you were anywhere else!

Cheers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 1/4 the edible & eat 1 piece then wait an hour to see how you feel.. I'm no expert on edibles but whenever I make them I do that because I once ate 2 cakes thinking the first 1 hadn't worked then it ruined me :laughing::laughing:

15. After reviewing that again in my head, you do kinda have a point man. I forget that a lot don't have the natural body/system tolerance to altering things like I have. I'll amend it to 'Start at 5mg, and work your way up from there'. My bad, dude!

jah!/*d$*:smoking: