How much does this suck

Discussion in 'General' started by DutchX8, Dec 1, 2008.

1. I'm in an acting class at my college and for a particular assignment we were all assigned scene partners to act out a scene from a play. We do it once a week for a month, so we work pretty hard at it. Well, there is this girl who I know from other classes who is pretty obviously into me. I don't like her at all, but she isn't getting the hints, and she always acts like i'm her boyfriend. We did our scene for our teacher twice, the first time he liked it, and the second time (today) he told us we needed to act more in love with each other (apparently our characters are friends with a romantic past). Fuck this is so awkward now she has an excuse to be all over me, and trust me, she's not the kind of girl you want all over you. I sound like a dick saying that, but if you have ever been in the situation of someone liking you that you don't like back, you know how this feels.

2. #2 Chronikal, Dec 1, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2008
    I did Drama, all I can say is: man up! If you can't genuinely distance yourself from you're characters then your missing the fundaments of the subject. Ok, I empathise to a point, no one necessarily enjoys being forced to act in love with someone you don't find attractive. But if you get past this you'll be the better for it ;)

3. I've been there dude. I went to three different high schools, so I was "fresh meat" twice. I'm not tooting my own horn, just saying how it was. When I got to my third high school, this one girl was all over me, but I was not havin' it. We were in the same section in marching band, so she was always around. Eventaully she got the hint when we had a religious discussion lol. She loves God, and I'm atheist. woo works every time.

4. Its acting. So act or quit and let them find an actor