How Much Does One Plant Stink?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Plistra, Apr 21, 2014.

1. My friend is going to give me some bagseed which I plan on micro growing in a PC case. Now me being poor, I can't afford shit like carbon filters to hide the smell. So I was wondering, if I start flowering at day one (12/12 light cycle at sprout), how bad(good) will the smell be if the plant is under a foot in height. And would standard air fresheners and candles mask the smell or not.

Keep in mind that I only plant on harvesting like 2-5 grams or something, not much.

2. Based on how small it will be in the PC case, you shouldn't have to be too concerned. Keep it in a basement or bedroom closet or somewhere you won't be having company. If will be more noticeable about a month into flower until it is done.

3. You should be ok with a few little pine tree air fresheners hung around strategically. Especially the stronger ones like black ice. Candles probably not so much as well as air sprays. I usually go around to the jiffy-johns at the job sites i work at and grab the new air freshener discs out of them! They work great :lol:

4. Depending on the strain some are alot more stinky than others for sure. You should get a little glad automatic sprayer, the ones you can set to spray every 30 minutes, I would put this on the outside of your exhaust.

5. I have four plants in flower and I can't believe the stink.  Takes over the whole house.  I'm growing in part of a room and can't use a carbon filter.  The auto air freshener is a good idea.  Good luck on your grow.  What size is your pc/?

6. It's marijuana and it carries odor. The problem is that the odor is strange, so to those who are not around it, if they have a decent sniffer, they will most probably smell something.

7. Its not the growing that stinks, its the harvest.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You can ALWAYS use a carbon filter or a makeshift there of

9. DIY ona bucket

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
  10. #10 MKIV Matt, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
  11. Ona bucket is overkill for a pc grow IMO. Get a pvc 90 Elbow, tape to ur pc exhausts. Take a can that matches the pvc pipe size (for me it was can corn) remove both lids making it a cylinder. Bottom of can add window screen, tape to fit, slide a pantyhose on this end just to be safe. Next take 5$ carbon from local petstore crush it up to spread surface area put 2-3" in the bottom of can placed ontop the screen/pantyhose. Now attach the top of the can to the bottom of the pc elbow with tape. Make sure no air leaks and bam! Carbscrubber under 10$... it wont use all the carbon save the rest to repeat steps when it starts to wear off. Also I wouldnt even bother with one until u start to flower. As u mentioned poor, runnin a carbscrubber wen there is no smell = pointless