how much does lighting cost per month

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by newguy0220, Sep 10, 2008.

1. anyone have an idea how much 12 hours a day running a 1000 watt will cost a month?

2. over nine thousand!!!!!!

sorry had to, theres loads of websites which will tell you by using google.

3. There are lots of variables based on where you live and your rates but I can say that in NorCal I average about $175-$200 per month for 1000w

4. You pay 50 cents a KW/h??!!!

5. Thats a nifty little calculator but fails to take into account peak use fees and base line usage percentages.... Electric bills can be fairly complicated.

6. I averaged in some fans into my original number.

My rates vary but are often in the $.35 - $.45 KW/h .... it depends on how much I'm over the baseline usage.

7. You know what I never even considered that. + rep for you're awesome grow by the way.

8. Last grow I did with a 600 it was only a extra $25 on the the bill. Hardly noticed actually.

9. With a big light like a 1000w comes heavy ventillation, circulation etc. If you have a 400cfm vortex running constantly and a 1000w on 18/6 and say you're growing hydro so you have a couple air pumps or maybe 1 submersible. Things add up, my bill went up a good amount and I have a small setup. Again it does depend on where you live.