How much does fimming/topping help?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by HerbIsGood, Jul 8, 2009.

1. Yes I see to mix lacing with topping and fence cause your specific situation with dogs.
    I dont grow in backyard and have not problems with dogs but there is pheasants problem,fox,deer,rabbit .... ....

Ok here is plants who have and not good predispositions for branching.
    This is time when grower should decide will continue with topping or without cause plant already have 5-6 nodes.That size will let enough space to stem bottom can handle plants size and wind,also each node will be new branch of 1,5m tall/ 5ft what means multi colas.

Life Saver x Double Sour Diesel V2 (Friends Gift)

this plant body design will produce only number of colas how much time you top her
    [​IMG]

orig 2005 Herijuana (Motarebel)
    this plant have amazing branching predispositions like BlueChem,and this is plant body structure where is topping recommended after 5-6 nodes.
    Or like you do with fence,but real fence with 10x10cm/4x4inch not chicken wire.
    Here is multi colas plant and LST is last method about what grower should think.
    2005 Herijuana give about 500grams/pound with topping method.
    [​IMG]

Here is non topped orig 2005 Herijauna where you can saw non moderated plant body.
    Whatever you do she goes more wide than high, means better yielding.
    At this picture she was about 1,8m/6ft tall but have branches who are almost like main stem about 1,5m/5ft.
    [​IMG]

Here is Buddah Sister G13 (Soma Seeds)
    This plant dont like topping .
    However, this is when I say to plant will produce number of colas how much times you topp her ,this is it.
    Buddah Sister G13 is topped twice so I got 4 nice colas.
    [​IMG]

Shpela (friends gift)
    this plant only produce colas,side branches are shity and multi topping bgings multi colas of 40cm/16inch long.Also, this is very very frosty strain and very potent.
    This plant is on half of flowering.
    [​IMG]

Well I show here couple strains how react on topping.
    If strains do not have predispositions for serious branching body then its useless using LST cause buds will be small but she can be topped and grower will got 2-4 colas.
    Plants who have good predispositions for branching is useless using lst cause grower can made BUSH and much much more buds by topping her.

2. I did say couple words about topping after 5-6 nodes but didnt post pix so here is.

Once topped after 3rd node ... not so well like after 5-6.
    [​IMG]

Topped after 5-6 nodes,not so big stem like on the first picture but there is more serious branches.
    [​IMG]

Topped twice,

[​IMG]

3. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU PPL TALKING ABOUT?? Can you not put your words in order so there understood?

• Like Like x 1
  4. there is still another topping method that i never tried.You go down 4 node sites and cut ..ill try and find it

5. i have topped and fimmed several times.

I would say it does increase yield, but it really does depend.

All it is doing is splitting more of the plants growth into the upper canopy, so that there are more buds getting intense light.

There are drawbacks though, when topping, your stressing the plant and during the 6 days or so taken for the plant to grow those new tops is wasted time.

Out of experience i would say if you only want to spread the plant out better, then LST is all you will need. Just a little tieng down of the main branches to get the lower ones up.

Topping and fimming tends to create a bush, tons of tops which is nice if you want a lot of smaller buds.