how much does an average outdoor plant yeild?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by budblower10, Apr 20, 2006.

1. Hey, I was just wandering what an average outdoor plant yeilds, especially if it is bended or tied down? Someone told me the other day that it would only yeild a half an ounce. This seems little small to me. Yea, its my first grow and i dont expect a pound off each one, or even half that or anything at all actually, but how much would you think an average, well grown, bended plant will yeild. Give me a general range. Maybe it is a half ounce, i dont know. what do yall think? Thanks alot fellas

• Like Like x 1
  2. <TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">certain strains grow better outdoors then indoors and vice versa, my suggestion would be find the best outdoor strain for your area that flowers and matures before first frost, then read this site on how to grow, sometimes it can all be in the strain for yield.</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

3. depends on a lot of factors.. but first of all where do u live?

if i had to give u an estimate i would say an ounce of bud per plant. this is a realistic goal in my opinion. on my last grow i got about a 1/4 off each plant. that kind of sucks but considering i live in a cold part of the world and i didnt do fuck all to them (no water, no ferts.. i just left em till harvest lol) so actually i was pretty lucky.

if you live in an area with a warmer climate with lots of sun and you actually look after them unlike me. you could pull like an ounce to a pound off each of em.

4. I live in Baltimore. Thats weird, on site where i bought the beans it said yeild - outdoor: up to 400 grams, 350....etc, I dont know we will just have to see. Ill be happy if they even live lol thanks

• Like Like x 1
  5. lol ya those bullshit yields fooled me when i bought seeds for the first time.. if you read carefully they say they can yield up to 400 grams in optimal conditions.. so if you lived in hawaii or something then you would probably get that much.

youll get some nice yields in baltimore. better weather there then where im from.

i wouldnt worry about them dying. the only time they are weak is when they are in the seedling stage. if you have the option it would be better to start them indoors until they are about 3-4" tall. if you do this gradually take them out of the house. like 4 hours a day for a week so they get used to the sun. then u can transplant outdoors.

take a look CLICK. its a really well written guide that i used. was very helpful...

good luck!

EDIT: just thought i should include that guides name in case that site goes down.. its called 'Wooly's Outdoor Growing Guide'

6. That really sucks

• Like Like x 1