Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much does a plant yield on average?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by silky--, Mar 11, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

I'm going to grow this year, and I got some bagseeds, and I was just wondering, how much should I expect every plant to produce?
    I'm going to grow outdoor in 5 gallon pots, and I live in Vancouver.

Most brand strains on websites are advertised to yield up-to 400 grams, but that can't be right, can it? 400 grams off a plant?
    How much do you guys get on your average harvest off each female?

2. Lol at 400g, ithink on average 1 to 2 oz, but you have to take into accou that different heights. Plants. Growing condtione

3. #3 silky--, Mar 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2010
    Hmmm 1-2 ounces seems light... gotta get a bunch of plants then I guess...

If I'm going to grow outside in BC, when should I start germinating the seeds?

4. I'm pretty sure its between 2-4 oz

5. And for germinating, I believe when weather is consistent and warm, round April

6. I'm thinking you might be asking this in the wrong area of the site.

7. Outdoor plants usually yield 4-10oz (nearer to four when your that north).

8. i grew for my first time last year (bagseed) and i got 160g's so a little over 5 oz's i think. and as of noww i have just shy of 2 oz's left

btw, lucy where abouts are you in the 703?! i go to nova up there in manassas so just curiouss

9. You know what bugs me is the MMJ laws let you have more plants than actual bud on you. What do they expect you to do with the leftovers? It is my pet peeve. Like where I live in Hawaii, we can have 1 oz of bud per plant. On the Big Island we are allowed to grow 24 plants and we are expected to have I think an ounce per plant (this is for recreational use), but the law is untested and people are still being arrested and a stubborn prosecutor is giving problems to everyone trying to enforce federal law over our county law enacted by our county counsel - the will of the people!! Is there any blades from the Big Island out there?? And what amount would you grow? The state MMJ is 3 mature plants and 4 immature. I'm not growing yet, when I get my own home I will though.

God's Blessings to you all,

Sammy

10. Fairfax

11. You might already know but here at the City theres a whole section just for growing where you might get much more specific help on this topic.

12. I usually just do 5 gallon buckets also because they're easy to move from the rain. Although I do use 4-30 gallon garbage cans every year.

On the 5 gallons, I usually yield from 3-8 ounces. Although last year I yielded 13 ounces from a 5 gallon. But dang when I pulled the soil out after I chopped that thing was sooooo rootbound you could barley see the soil lol.

My 30 gallons usually give me about 1 lb for each bucket. One day I was walking down on my property and I saw my neighbors plants ( I think he yields about 1-2 lbs per plant, his bastards are huge!!!!)and how he does it, so I decided with garbage cans. And yes, i have high fences and bushes lol.