How much does a plant smell during veg. and flowering? on a scale of 1-10.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by smoke-n-steal, Mar 16, 2009.

1. On a scal form 1-10 how much does a veging plant smell? how bout a flowering? i know flowering smells more. And i dont mean does it smell god or bad but how inense is it? is it enough to where dryer sheets, febeeze and insense will cover it up?

Thanks All :D
    P.S- and if you didnt realize, or your stoned:smoking:, Im a newbie grower:)

2. and btw their kush seeds so i dont know if that changes anything

3. Different plants have stronger or weaker smell. What kind of kush is it? I am sure dryer sheets will cover it to an extent. I am guessing you are living with parents and don't want to get caught lol.

4. i dont recall what kind of kush it was(me nd my frend wer high when i got em) IM thinkin blueberry kush? And yes i live with my parents and its a stealth grow op.

I have heard alot of support for pine sol in a bucket with an air bubber, has anyone tried this?

5. I'm not sure. Blueberry kush is pretty dank.. I just started flowering a week or so ago and my closet already smells good.

6. probably a 6-7 depends on the amount of bud growing tho. mine at its peak was 6-7 w/o the carbon filter.

7. mine didnt start smelling until late flowering then it got pretty skunky but it depends on the strain

8. well, youre a new grower, and I dont understand your 1-10 scale (10 is the strongest, but how strong is that compared to say, grilling steaks? roses in full bloom? what are you getting at?)

so, im gonna go with a 5 in veg (if its a small number of plants, they can be detected when youre close) and in flower.....

a 12! they smell man, some more than others, but Ive never had one that was not accompanied by a potent odor. dont bank on dryer sheets, febreeze, incense, or any other mask to be 100% successful.

• Like Like x 1
  9. by 10 i mean the most obvious smell in the world,like you open the door and are blasted wit this smell. while 1 is like no smell at all.3-4 would be like febreeze you sprayed 2 hours ago.

10. right, so on that scale, 12.

its like, you can smell it without opening the door, down the hall...walking around outside the house, across the street if the wind is blowing...get the idea?

• Like Like x 2
  11. wow i had npo idea it smelled so much. that sort of sets back my private grow op lol.

12. ow many plants is the BIGGEST PART, and how big they are

13. The answer is it depends, so you have to plan on the worst case. MJ plants can smell in veg and in flower. They can smell constantly or they can cycle -- at different times of the day, and on different days/weeks.

Just for example, I went away for several days over Christmas break and brought my 4 plants inside so they would have constant temps while I was gone (my cab is in my garage). At the time they were about 5 weeks into veg. Set them up with lights and fans in a closet on the far side of my 3,000 sq ft house. When I came back from my trip I came in the door and the odor hit me like a punch in the face. So you can definitely stink up a whole house.

14. I'm using one for 4 plants atm and so far so good. You can only smell the plants when you're next to them, however, i'm only 2 weeks into flowering. I had a hard time finding a fan that would fit correctly into the 5gal buckets (they were too small), so I cut the center out of the lids, just big enough for the fans to fit in nicely.

15. wow thats sumthing i wondered aswell. do u think airpurifiers work. i have a small 3 plant closet cfl op. its in an apartment so what would b the best way to vent it, do air purifiers work, im also on a low budget.......question to toasty

16. I can assure you that air purifiers do nothing, if you're talking about those small kind you get at Walmart or whatever. They seem to be more for dust than odor. Air fresheners only go so far as well. I'm not sure about your plants, but you can smell mine when your within 25ft and they are still small. Air scrubbers seem to be the only thing that work, unless you have a chimney to vent it out of or something (even that smells). Get some of those airwick things that spray every 10 minutes, it's better than nothing and they work when you're not home, they're only $15 at the dollar store:)

17. anyone know how much one vegging sensi star plant would stank in a room with an open window? or an estimate?

18. The intensity of the smell is a little less important than the fact you can actually smell it. I would say a 1, on your scale, would be an issue if I was standing outside the door of your grow.

Nope...0 is what you want. 0 smell. Only way to achieve this, and I mean only way, is via carbon scrubber.

Sure, Ona gel or dryer sheets to A POT HEAD might mask the smell.... but you throw an average NON-SMOKER on your porch and see how well they work.

Plants can begin to smell at only 14 days from sprout (depending on strain of course) so a scrubber should be used throughout the grow.

Not to be overly dramatic here but please keep in mind - we are not talking about something that affects your plants, or your bud size, or harvest time or anything like that. We are talking about something that can get you caught! There should be a serious shift in your thinking when talkin' about a new additive on the market, and whether you should enhance your security measures.

19. well my sensi isnt very dank, so i think ill be in the clear as long as i use some sort of air freshener. the tree is goin outside for flowering and i live by the sea as well, that might help mask the scent. its a pretty inactive neighborhood thats next to a big street(ironic) and lots of plant life all around. Hopefully my neighbors have the noses of a pothead!