how much do YOU yield with 600watt hps?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SmokeUhTon, Feb 8, 2013.

1. #1 SmokeUhTon, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    -include strain, or just indica or sativa
    - veg time
    -soil or hydro?
    -room space
    -pot size

so what are ya croppin?

2. I did a test run with Dutch Passion Shaman 100% Sativa i believe or it's a hybrid, either way, i did 2 plants under a Quantum 600W dimmable HPS. I grew in Happy Frog soil, in a 3x4x10 closet. I vegged them for about 3 weeks. I made a lot of mistakes with this grow as it was a test run, i had to get a lot of stuff dialed in, and I ran into issues with my tap water PH being way to high etc. In the end the plants ended up yielding a little over an OZ dry each, so about 2.5 oz total of excellent purple sativa. Best stuff I've smoked in a while.

3. My second run is in progress and its all indica. i'm growing Nirvana Blue Mystic and Aurora Indica, 2 of each. They are short and very fat. I'm only 6 weeks into flower, and just by eyeballing it each plant is over 2oz not including popcorn. They look like someone throw sugar over the whole crop, i'm guessing that the increase is due to them being indicas that are known for higher yield, and i've worked out a lot of the kinks.... i will update in a few weeks, when i have a better idea and let you know when they get cut. What are you yielding? What's your setup?

4. 2 plant under a 600. Step into bigger pots and you could be pulling qp per. That's right around what I am doing in 7gal soil. You may surprise yourself yeild wise this run.

5. Under my 600 HPS I get a little less then a lb every 3-4 months growing about 10 plants.

Seed I use my own which are ch9 jack and vintage cross with some unknown bag seed. Me and a few friends share seed.

Fox farm soil with peat,perlite, worm casting in smart pots their entire life.

Nutes I change up but I stick with advanced nutrient products.

Attached Files:

6. i vegged for 2 months+ maybe 10 weeks for one plant nd two other are roughly 8 weeks

transplanted from 2 gal to 5 gal smart pots for flower

still got 5-6 weeks left so cant share yield ahah but im in week 2 of flower and two plants are 3ft tall and great white shark is 2ft

7. nice man im goin all indica as well,i use a 3x3x6 and that isnt enough for nice yeilding sativa lol

8. if i have my room dialed in just right, i get a little over a lb with a 600w hps in dwc hydro. any way i run it i usually get close to the same results. ive ran 12 plants 2-3 weeks veg from clone and pull between 1 and 2 oz each. if i run 4 plants with 5-6weeks veg and a little training i usually get between 4-5 oz each. with indica dominant strains its usually over 1lb and sativas are usually a little under a lb.

9. I think the big yield of these indica's will hold me over until I can flower a pair of Haze plants, I just can't get over the sativa high, I've never had anything like it, it's just the flowering time is soooo long, the quick turnaround on these indica's would be great if I was doing this for commercial, but it's all personal for me.

10. [quote name='"Panda85"']if i have my room dialed in just right, i get a little over a lb with a 600w hps in dwc hydro. any way i run it i usually get close to the same results. ive ran 12 plants 2-3 weeks veg from clone and pull between 1 and 2 oz each. if i run 4 plants with 5-6weeks veg and a little training i usually get between 4-5 oz each. with indica dominant strains its usually over 1lb and sativas are usually a little under a lb.[/quote]

You do soil too?

• Like Like x 1

11. Why chemical nutrients in soil?

Just wondering. Thanks

J

12. [quote name='"jerry111165"']

Why chemical nutrients in soil?

Just wondering. Thanks

J[/quote]

Exactly man, non-organic is fishy business

13. -Orange - mostly indica
    -24-30 days
    -Promix hp + dolomite lime
    Two 16x16 rooms - 4800 watts of light 6k total ( dehumidifier, air pumps, water pumps, 2 8" fans and 2 6" fans.)
    -5 gallon

= .87 grams per watt

14. very nice brother wish i had that kind of space lol

15. That's the pleasure of having your own house and living in the middle of nowhere :)

16. yeh ive grown in soil also but for indoor i only use hydro if going for good fast results. with soil it took me a few extra weeks to get close to the same results. i have seen some pretty impressive plants grown in soil though but i find it much easier to get good results in hydro.

17. good results with with big pots and good soil but im thinkin dwc next time lol

nothing grows clones like hydroponics.

i would like to get qp plants with 2 weeks veg

if i vegged a clone out for two weeks nd put in soil i'd maybe get an ounce per plant

• Like Like x 1
  18. Last run, i ran 8 plants under two x 600 w lights in a 4x8 room (4 plants under each light). I run a mix of indica and sativas and pulled 12 ounces per light this round (my second ever) using topping/lst. I had some chunky 4 ounce plants but also had a couple of low producing runts which caused the yield to suffer (i grow from seed). This is the risk or growing from seed, if i were to clone the largest yielding strain from my last grow, i am certain i could yield a pound per 600 watt light.

19. I noticed every couple of feedings they like it. They get a little boost and stay a darker green. I'm still learning what's right and what's wrong with my set up. Why do you guys recommend not using nutes with soil?

20. if you mix your own soil with stuff that bottled nutes are made of than you don't need bottle nutes

if you bought premade soil like FFOF than yeah i highly recommend using nutrients