how much do YOU yield per plant? *DRY WEIGHT*

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by DemiseInDisguise, Dec 2, 2009.

1. personally i think hydro always tastes and smells inferior. Ill gladly sacrifice a little weight for a more complex palate. How many 10 oz plants can you fit under 1000w? Pulling 24 oz on the low end under my 1000w in soil. 4 times a year with 8 plants per cycle. when not running perpetually.

2. #22 InkOnMyFanLeaves420, Apr 15, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    Super iced grapefruit ...I run a 4' 4 bulb t5 for seedling, a 400w mh in a open reflector for veg, a1000w hps in a big kahuna reflector sealed for flower with co2 enriched area at 93 on a good day .. I keep to floor fans churn my two room and both rooms have supplemental UFOs .. I reuse my happy frog and mix it in with my vermicompost to keep it living and ammend as needed with teas.. All my clones are done via aloe water .. My ladies started in g.o. go box and are now run via living supersoil after around 4 trips .. Greenhouse germ, four weeks of seedling then mainline in veg .. I do six to ten plants at a time in veg (6'x5'x6') for 6 weeks of over all veg time.. I do two months of flower (give or take a week) and drying and curing is about 2-3 weeks depending on temps and rh ... I get roughly 2.5 oz - 3.5 oz per plant so long as they remain healthy and I don't experiment... I tried dropping temps to bring out colors.. Dropped the yeild by about a quarter oz...
    Edit : six to ten (typo)

3. OK, as a beginner I'm frankly depressed that so many have to grow indoors. These blogs are the proof of that. When we live in a desert (tempered by the sea being in sight) why waste all that energy? Is it that not many are taking advantage of the legal grow as I do as medicine? Anyway, here's my back story then the question: germinated 1st day of spring, did not use a warmer nor much direct sun on seedlings...got stretch. 100W LED up to 24-7. 5-15 to 20, set out in 25g planters using Ocean Forest (many issues included in my log not addressed here) Combo of light shock (going from 24-7 LED to sun only) and bad weather, cold, extreme wind all teamed up to shock into early flower. Many on these pages advised me to toss them! Patience, keeping nitrogen and acid level high, LST on one and topping to the rest except the queen (the largest fastest plant from the get go) Now have three foot high white widow full of early flowers (pistil groups)
    Really want to know how much one derives in dry weight from one average dry flower? That way I can count the early flowers I do have, and derive what kind of harvest I will get from this 1st try and look forward to a better venture with lessons learned next time. Thank you for your time any useful responses.

4. Due to the fact that my states laws only allow me to have 2.5 oz dry, the best i have done is with my brothers grimm c99@ 8oz havested in stages..

5. that sounds an awful lot like michigan craziness! allowed 12 plants but only 2.5 ounces dry haha.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. there is not way to answer your question honestly. Every single person who grows indoors has different things affecting their grow. Outdoors is the same, except the light source obviously.
    For example, my first grow was bagseed. I grew three plants thru flower and got smokable bud. A total of about 4 ozs. Not much. next I grew some "better" bagseed, and ended up with approx 9 oz total. Both plants hermied, so it wasn't really even worth smoking. I am getting ready to chop one today that I know is legit genitics, ect, and most people have said I'll get about 5-7 oz's from this one. I have a 4foot t5 fixture with 3 amber bulbs and one led, and then a 600watt COB Led light.
    Long story short, there is no way to properly gauge untill its done. You get out what you put into it!

7. Let me re-state my question; How much do your average flowers weigh dry? One average or a range are both useful. If I judge by previous purchases, it looks like a gram per flower dry since one doesn't get whole colas but rather highly trimmed individual flower heads only from the commercial market. What is your experience as an experienced grower (hopefully someone with a similar location; Orange County CA 6 miles from the sea. That is individual flowers dry. Growing White Widow if that makes any difference.

• Like Like x 1