Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much do you think the price of weed will drop once it's legal?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LonelyStonerx, Nov 3, 2011.

1. If you think about it, it should drop significantly right?
    I mean once legitimate farming begins (which would be in a huge demand once it's legal, with people hopping on board fairly quickly), there will be a huge amount of weed to go around. It'll be like tobacco right? Like $7 for a 20 pack of joints. Sounds heavenly, and I can't imagine why it wouldn't be that way, marijuana will be just as plentiful as tobacco.

2. Well if its legal i will grow and it will be free.. I bet the prices will be similar to the medical states

3. Alright, if I had to throw out a random figure I'd say between 3 dollars and 10 dollars per gram for medical quality nugget. That's assuming world currency doesn't tank.

4. i'd grow my own, wouldn't trust commercial businesses with growing weed. they'll probz use radioactive fertaliser and shit and it will become just as bad as cigarettes

5. IIRC: Growing Tobacco is a lot easier than growing Cannabis
    Maybe 20 Joints of some regs for 7 bucks, but quality cannabis is a lot higher maintenance than commercial grade tobacco.

6. I read somewhere it could drop to $38 an ounce.

7. It'll drop, yes, but taxes will keep it inflated; so no I don't see a price drop for buyers.

8. This is one reason I don't see it being legal in the very near future...

It would be somewhat regulated like cigarettes... but the difference is that it's hard as fuck to grow your own tobacco and it's pretty easy to grow weed. So that would mean there wouldn't be much regulation at all... with that said, everyone would be growing their own weed... or at least a lot of people, and those people that still wish to purchase it will just purchase it from their friends for like $5 an ounce or something, and this would essentially negate any regulations at all and the government would not make any money by selling a pack of joints for $6, because that is just ridiculous when considering the options. Everyone would have massive quantities of weed. Think about it, if every stoner you knew had like a half pound at any given time to smoke on... how do you think that would change your circle. Let alone if this was the case for every stoner in the United States. There are just too many fallacies involved with full marijuana legalization right now because of how the "economical and financial system" of our country works. Legalization would just change way too many things unfortunately. But I'm all for it.

9. If it's legalized they will have shitty mids in wrapped up, there is no way you can reach the quality desired when the quantity they will be growing is so massive.

It really won't go down much as malak said. They'll also add like a $50 an ounce tax so alex your way off. This tax is what will continue to cause people to trade in the black market, that's why they don't want to legalize it...how the fuck do you control a black market if the product is legal?

10. Drop?

Increase...

Weed is high demand, what makes you think the government wouldn't exploit that? Just like they do everything else worth exploiting

11. Like Oil?
    Like the taxes on cigaretts?

12. Because weed can easily be grown yourself. They can exploit tobacco and alcohol because people are too lazy to do the work themselves. But weed, that's just putting a seed in the ground :p. This is why it won't ever be legal anyway, or not soon enough for any of us to worry about it :rolleyes:. Not that the other 2 are very difficult, but it seems most people don't know that.

13. Uh, except for electricity and seeds and equipment, etc. But still, probably cheaper in the long run.

I imagine it'll look a lot like alcohol. You'll have the Budweiser and Coors of bud, making mass produced unhealthy schwag on the cheap, while the independent and local "microgrows" produce the good stuff for a lot more. Except for stuff at the top end, it'll probably all get cheaper. :hello:

Hopefully it's regulated federally and not state by state. PA basically controls the sale of alcohol as if it were a meta-liquor store, and it would suck if that's how it were done with bud. :(

14. Grow my own if became legal. Dont trust the corrupt governments of the world. Probably put shit in it and make it addictive>:mad:

15. Ok....so if weed is legalized then all of a sudden it cost $0 dollars to produce an ounce? Ya'll arent taking into consideration the cost of GROWING the bud. If you want dank nugs you need lights, soil, nutrients, ac, humidifier....the list goes on, $5 an ounce is fairy land.

16. The price will drop but it wont be a huge dramatic drop. You hear deals where medical states sell grams for 10 bucks, 8ths for 30. So I'd say that prices might all drop to around that if it went legal.

In amsterdam the prices aren't much cheaper than here. But there, it is still illegal to grow weed so they depend on the blackmarket which always inflates prices.

17. Growing outdoors really doesn't cost anything more than the cost of nutes and your time. Even indoor doesn't have to be very expensive; just that initial investment on lights. $5 an ounce is fairy land, but idk about $40-50.

18. Putting it in perspective: pipe tobacco costs about 5-10 bucks an ounce. As soon as the corporate interests get in on the market, it will become dirt cheap.

19. what a lot of people dont take into consideration is also the man hours. Yes, if you are growing your own, those hours cost nothing hypothetically. But if some one is growing, even if their energy and supply costs are dirt cheap, they are going to want compensation for the hours spent growing, cultivating, and curing/trimming their weed.

20. The stuff that comes out those massive grow ops is pretty good quality right? Now imagine that times 10, and like 20 of those in each city. Businesses will be able to perfect the growing process to a tee to produce incredibly cheap marijuana. In fact, with all the demand, that would be inevitable.

The growing of medicinal marijuana is still very much mom and pop operations. Once marijuana takes on official farming, there's no reason to believe it wont be cheap.