Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Much Do You Think Joints And Blunts Actually Waste?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by The innovator, Jun 8, 2013.

1. I've seen this thread so many times but I haven't seen one exactly like this. If you roll a nice joint (not too loose not too tight) of say .5 of not really dry bud how much do you think is wasted? What I mean is give me a number or percentage of how much is lost just by it burning. I understand there are many factors to this (wind, rolling papers, etc.) but I just want a feel of how wasteful of bud you guys think joints are.

How much would you say is wasted from a 1.0 blunt? 

I'd say from a 0.5 joint around .05 to .1 is burned off and about the same for a 1.0 blunt if not a little less.

2. I don't think that much of it is even wasted man, because usually with joints they go out faster than blunts and usually don't smoke a lot after a hit, but blunts stay lit and burn a little more, from a 1 gram blunt i'd say maybe .03-.05 is burned max.

3. yea the burning doesn't waste a whole lot i don't think. it's just a waste that you're smoking a gram in like 5 minutes.

4. Yep, i wish my weed went further. I love a good smoke but usually its all over and gone with in less than 5 minutes :(

5. I rolled up a nice Raw paper the other night and it only burned when I dragged it, so .01 wasted that didn't go to my lungs maybe.

But I agree. Joints are wasteful because they dont put the weed to it's furthest use not because they run/burn

6. like 25% honestly. think about it, the red hot cherry is lit to burn off the material that lies beneath it (closer to filter) so during the whole toke your sacrificing that .1, .2 or whatever size your cherry is (depending on size of joint/blunt) to smoke the rest. if that makes sense. that's how I see it. and when your not hitting it it burns.. just like a cigarette. maybe i'm wrong Idc Idk I hate joints.

7. Not enough to concern myself with. :smoke:

8. My best guess is .1 at MOST in any large joint/blunt

9. I'd say like 10% of it. Doesn't sound like a lot, but after a lot of them it adds up....I don't smoke blunts or joints for this reason.

10. Yes, I have known that for years, but I don't care.

11. ALOT!!!!! Vape your weed then smoke it

12. not enough for me to give a fuck about

13. ^ This. If your gram blunt burns for 5 minutes you aren't rolling it right.

14. right.. i swear my shit will smolder for like 30 mins before goin out

15. I chief like a MFer when I smoke blunts, and I can't burn one down in less than 12 minutes or so..

You guys need to roll your shit tighter

16. I wasn't telling you new information nor was I asking if you cared. The question is how much do you think is wasted? You might want to read next time....

17. I agree that the same amount is wasted. The same amount that you mentioned in OP. Thank you :)

18. Glad to hear my estimates seem to be on point lol

19. #19 Burplekush, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    Since you asked i will tell you it all depends on the skill of the roller to start out . a gram should last 15-20 minutes if rolled in a blunt.. 

20. #20 SortaStoner, Jun 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2013
    Alright so my blunts last about 10 minutes if its a gram blunt so I smoke about .1 a minute. Honestly when I'm about 7 minutes into it, I'm just smoking it just fucking smoke it so I would say in a gram blunt, about .3 grams

Edit: this is only if I'm facing, if I'm passing none is wasted and it lasts about 15 minutes. I'm quite the cheifer when I face