Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much do you thin weed will drop in price?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by OCMS, May 28, 2010.

1. You didn't say 'a minority', you said 'a small community', 42% is not a small community.

:rolleyes:

2. Yet more logic failure? I did say why it would go down in price. It will no longer be a black market and the risk to grow/sell/smoke will diminish.

I'm not going to argue in circles dude. You're wrong. I didn't attack you, I clearly and simply stated why your entire post was a failure of logic. That's not an attack, it's a fact. If you can't comprehend what we're saying why bother arguing?

3. #43 BlazedGlory, May 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2010
    OK 42% of 350 million? What a small community. Nope, there's huge demand, it's the supply end that keeps prices high. Threat of jail time and drug busts keeps prices high, if it was legal some company would mass produce it and then there'd be a bigger supply than demand, which = lower price.

At first glance it seems like demand would increase, but when you really think about it, it's not true. Since weed is still readily available to people who want it, all the people that are gonna use weed already use it, so I'd say if it was legalized we might see some fluctuation, but not anything big enough that it would counteract the massive increase in supply we'd see with legalization.

4. Dude a grow setup is ridiculously cheap compared to the profit ratio you get out of it.

5. It will go up, a lot. If the government were to legalize it they would tax the fuck out of anything related to weed. so even if grams were 5 dollars, the tax would take it up to 20. Plus, no one wants to loose money, everyone would continue selling it at the same price or even raise the price.

6. This guy.

Is talking out of his ass.

7. 10-15 a gram idc i just want it legalized.

fuck legalized let it globalize

8. I havn't read most of the thread -- but here's my .02

There are 3 different ways it could go:
    1) Stay the same
    2) Go down
    3) Go up

1) Staying the same -- prices have already been established, so people wouldn't be too upset if they stayed the same, only legalized.

2) Prices going down -- marijuana is pretty cheap to grow. Companies will probably be growing outside, with feminized seeds, with automatic systems maintaining them. No people hired to do watering, processing, clipping buds, etc...and no paying for lights or anything. In short; once it is legalized, it will be (even) cheaper to grow than it is now. So it makes sense that the price will be driven down. The incentive for companies to make prices lower is that it will attract more customers, who will start buying more because of tolerance, etc.

3) Prices going up -- With government regulation, they can charge whatever the hell they want, and our government is in big need of money anyway, so, why wouldn't they charge a fuckton of money?

As for which one is the most likely, I think the prices will go down some. Along with what I already listed, another reason for this is that as the price gets higher, more people will start growing.

However, the government could keep growing illegal (except for medical use) to force people to buy theirs, similar to it being illegal to have untaxed alcohol, and make the penalties for growing even stiffer.

Sooo....basically it depends on how greedy the government is.

9. i think price would drop, supply and demand curve.
    i just want to be able to keep growin but it be legal