How Much Do You Suggest This Would Yield?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Cannabuzz, Aug 12, 2014.

1. #2 tstick, Aug 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
    not enough room

not enough light

not enough air circulation

waaay too much money

-all my opinion, of course

My guess is that it probably wouldn't yield much because I don't see that setup as optimum conditions for maturing plants. It might do okay to keep some clones going until you could get them in a bigger space with more everything

2. Would you suggest getting some tubs (totes) and getting some 1000 watt lights for it and grow in like a 10x10 room?

3. I grow in organic soil. I can't really comment on DWC or any hydroponic or airoponic systems. 

I have a 3 X 3 tent and I grow in 5 gallon garden buckets -the regular kind that have been around forever.

I use a VERY high-quality 160 watt LED light  (Area 51) and some additional Cree LED lightbulb fixtures that I made myself.

I started out with four plants on my first grow and 3 of them hermied, so I ended up with just one female plant in that space. Let me tell you….it FILLED the tent! It's a branching Sativa strain for one thing.

In hindsight, it was a blessing that the other plants hermied because they would have been crowded. As it went, the one plant yielded 90 grams of dry weight.

I never ran a commercial-resale size grow -just grow for my own use. But the more light, the more space, the best climate control, etc. will definitely be better than cramming too much into a small space. On the other end of it, too large a space may be difficult for an inexperienced grower to mage well. I don't know you so I can't answer any of those factors.

4. I would "suggest" to do a little more research on effective growing environments in the Cultivation section of the forum. Pre-made boxes usually are just gimmicks to get you to spend your money on a half-assed setup. Design a good tent solution and pay about the same for much better results.

Light (s) (HID is inexpensive, LED is "debated")
    Tent (variety of sizes for your area)
    Fan/filter
    Good Power Cables/Strip
    Timer

There are a few other things that are nice to have, but this is your basic setup.

5. In my experience average yield is about 1oz per cubic foot of plant, plus or minus 1/2oz. Indoor, outdoor, doesn't really matter.  The bigger the container for the roots and the more space for the green the bigger the yields.

6. This one looks a little small so your probably not going to get more than an oz it will be less forsure. They have way better tents that can be bought a hydo stores and depending where you are they might be close. If you want to grow a few plants like I've done go to home Depot get two florescent shop lights the hold two bulbs each they have to be t5 so make sure you get the right bulb and fixture. Also you must get the highest color spectrum which is usually 6500k get a cheap dual socket timer wallyworld sells them for 4 bucks I think. And get some mylar and a small fan. I had nine but due to neglect I lost a few. 2 or 3 died but I got lucky and the rest were female. But I just grew them to a certain point on 18 on 6 off and after they were about 2 to 3 feet tall with good healthy leaves I put then in flower at 12 on 12 off. This set up will fit in a closet or attack just fine. And I think the lights are only 20 a piece with bulbs so go crazy if you have the space!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app