How much do you spend on growing?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Deleted member 571579, Feb 22, 2015.

1. How much do you spend on your growing? And how well is the quality?

2. #2 SlightlyStonedSD, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2015
    Gonna need to be more specific. Initial start up cost or maintenance cost? you can get top shelf quality without spending thousands if thats what you are looking for...

3. On my first grow room, I spent over $1200 buying both new and used equipment (3 x 1000w dual ballast, 1 x 400w hps, 10" carbon filter, 10" inline, 6" inline, tons of different Advanced Nutrients products, electrical panels and timers, humidifier, 3 x oscillating wall fans, portable ac unit, panda film, tape, staples, etc. I have since moved into a new house, but as I was able to bring everything with me, it didn't cost me much to build a room for my next grow. I got free lumber from work, still had lots of panda film... I spent about $60 on gypsum board, and bought a $10 roll of gorilla tape, and $8 on a junction box to get electricity into my new room. Then I spent $120 getting 20 seeds shipped to me (I can get clones for cheaper, but I'm sick of kush and wanted some new genetics).

Quality isn't an issue.

4. The grow room/tent thing I just built will be about $400 all in, but I used a ballast I already had...new air cooled reflector ($60) and inline fan ($130) were the most expensive parts. But with a 400w HPS, living organic soil, and good environment I have no problem pulling quality. Run to run the cost is minimal since I'm organic and recycle soil. A few re-amendments (less than $20 worth) and I can start again. I'm working on setting up a breeding program, too, so soon the cost of seeds will disappear. Eventually, I'll just be paying for the occasional soil amendment and the electricity to run it all.

5. I spent quite a bit last year but now that I have everything it's smooth sailing from here on out.  Only pay for electricity and a very small amount of money on nutes and grow medium.  Way cheaper than buying my herb and the quality is much better.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I spent roughly $1200 last year fr my first grow in a 4x4x8 closet. This year Ive spent about $900 on stuff for a bigger room and to start up a perpetual grow that will support the wife and myself. Last year I estimate growing saved me $4k since I didn't have to buy from the street. This was off of 2 grows neither of which were nothing to brag about as the learning curve kicked my ass lol. Im on my 4rth grow now in a better room and have really started to love the hobby aspect of growing. Sorry for rambling im HIGHHHHHH lol. have a great day readers

• Like Like x 2
  7. initial cost $200 to set up a closet hydro grow

that was 3 years ago, and have only bought nutrients since then

just spent $200 on a tent, air cooled hood, and an industrial air pump

now i have 3 hoods, 2 ballasts, and enough o2 to run 8 bubble buckets

after this next run is flowered, don't think i'll ever be without weed again

• Like Like x 3
  8. #8 pointswest, Feb 22, 2015
    I spend $3/# of harvested bud on organic fertilizer and $2/# for pesticide applications. $5 a pound, total cost of harvested and cured buds for outdoor in ground plantings. Yes,I got a buzz from these buds, they were plenty strong, even for all day, every day smokers.

P1020108.JPG P1020119.JPG
    P1020132.JPG P1020123.JPG
    P1020114.JPG P1020134.JPG

PW

• Like Like x 1
  9. That's kind of like asking how much did you spend on your car and how fast does it go.

My quality had a cold, but it's well now. :smoke:

10. 400watt hps, 2x4 tent with fans scrubbers nutes soil and all that I paid about $800

11. #11 killset, Feb 22, 2015
    There's no set price, if that's what you're interested in. Some are happy with a home made PC grow, some want the biggest and the baddest. The rest of us fall somewhere in the middle.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I spend $1300 first set up .. Costs about $100 a month to upkeep .. Pays for itself after a year..

13. When I used to grow
    My cabinet cost me about a hundred and thirty bucks.
    Fans and filter cost me another hundred fifty.
    Lights, I bought three before I could control the
    heat a bit.  $500 total, at least.
    Nutrients, another sixty bucks and miscelaneous stuff
    another hundred.

So all totalled, over a thousand bucks initial outlay.

14. The reason I ask is because some one I know is saying it's going to cost 10 grand to start up and grow high quality weed. I instantly thought that was way to high.

Thanks for all the feedback.

15. Nah.  Nowhere near ten grand.  Where does he think
    you get your equipment from, Abercrombie and Fitch?

• Like Like x 3
  16. 10 grand sounds like a small commercial operation. My dreams

17. He has a grow card so it would be a commercial grow. Is the the normal price? And what is the yield off a commercial grow?

18. Hahaha. If ur seriously asking if u can start a LEGITIMATE commercial grow for $10k, then pls.....never ask another question here again. I live in Washington state and have two friends deeply involved in two separate commercial grow ops (providing for the retail side), and they both required an investor who could show that they had in excess of a million in capital (that means cash) JUST TO GET THE LICENSE. Not saying the license costs that much, but that they won't just hand them out to a to anyone and everyone. And if u live in a medical state, sounds like u do, am if u wanna just start a grow op that's not commercial (again, as a medical patient), then I would say u have received more than sufficient advice, above. My annotation: don't buy a light fixture unless Gavita made it. And more specifically, get their 6/750 double ended e-series line. Mmmmm. Quality has never known such perfection.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Yeah we were going to grow but not sure why the cost came to ten grand. Guessing equipment, finding a building, monthly fees for th building. Etc..