How much do you save?

Discussion in 'General' started by artic, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Hello blades :wave:
    I'm just sitting here smoking on my hooka, and I was wondering how many of you save your money? A few of my friends give me shit for spending my money all the time and not saving it. I haven't put any money to the side except 700 from my graduation. I get paid about 400 bucks every 2 weeks and by the next paycheck I have about 30 bucks left. I enjoy driving around burning gas and spending my money freely. Do any of you spend only the bare minimum and save it? Do you spend your whole paycheck in 3 days and smoke weed like it's free? Life is to short to spend 20 bucks a week and just save it all. I would rather live it up while I can then save it all up for later years.

Discuss :smoke:

2. Do you have your own mortgage/rent that you pay for? Your own bills? Car payments?

3. I spend almost all of my money on frivolous things and nearly always end up regretting it later. If only I had saved half the cash I'd blown by this point...

4. lol same here...

i typically save for only big things i want, not really a general 'put cash back for later' approach

5. I just got out of high school but I have to pay for insurance and some cell phone. I only make 400 bucks, how am I supposed to afford a car or rent? :p

6. starting to save is real hard but once you got a nice amount you kinda get interested to let it get bigger and tend not to buy stupid shit you would have bought before...

7. I got an old lady and a kid, when you grow up the only choice is to save money

8. Its not like you have to either save it all or spend it all... I dont usually do any big spending, i do sometimes... but not regularly (weed is dirt cheap here.... so thats part of the reason for that) But i usually spend what i need to and some of what i want to, and throw the rest into savings when my next pay check comes..... and repeat

9. I didn't start saving until I got the money from graduation. I don't buy to much stupid shit but I have a tendency to buy lots of shit at fast food places and gas stations. Shit adds up real quick. :(

10. I try to save as much as I can, but with rent and electric and internet and car insurance and phone bills and groceries, it all goes away pretty quick. :p

Hell, if you start saving now, your older self might look back and thank you one day. ;)

11. If i had saved from when i was fresh out of high school, right now (only 4 years later) i would look back and give my self a few 100 dollar bills for being smart lol but id tell myself to save it ;)

12. I don't have a job right now but in general..

Fuck it, spend it. Unless there's something down the road I have my mind set on and I know I need to save up for it, I just let it go. I'm not gonna save up for the sake of just saving because if I have a job, I'm not really making a whole lot of money anyway yet because lack of experience. So there's not gonna be much to save

13. This is kinda how I feel. I mean, I DO have 700 saved up, that may not be a ton but that's still a good chunk. I want to try to get it to a grand before summer ends. :wave:

14. i always pay my bills late life to short to just pay em if something better comes along theyll be there waiting next week

15. #15 4Sheezy, Jun 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I was just seeing where you were at in your life, instead of judging from your initial post, I asked questions to help bring a clearer picture to me. Also, you wouldn't be able to do any frivolous spending really. Well you would be able to, but unless you have job security wouldn't be smart.(if you had the things I asked, along with a few more that go along with it)