How much do you pay for auto insurance?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by jayhawks22, Feb 29, 2012.

1. I already know my premium is high (1,500) for 6 months, but I'd like to see what you blades are paying and to what company to add a little perspective. Current monthly payment for me is 261.50 :mad::mad: have 3 months till my accidents/speeding ticket expire. Cannot wait.

2. #2 Happy Times, Feb 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 29, 2012
    I pay 218 a month for full coverage on a 12 year old truck. I gotta change insurance. Why must they discriminate on the young?

3. Well I pay $600 every 6 months for my 2002 Honda Accord and $1950 every 6 months for my 2011 Toyota Tundra. Both are full cover.

4. $225 a month, with a %15 discount

5. Hehe..... $72 every 2 months. Its weird i know...

6. How the fuck?

7. Because i know the insurance agent and im 24 and not on my own plan by myself. Its cheaper this way. Saves me tons of $.

8. damn...gues im not alone...anyone use progressive?

9. i WAS paying like 26$ a month for my 88 jeep with like only the basic coverage.

now its like 55$

no idea why

10. 1600 for the year so 133 a month.

11. I pay $76 im 18 got my coverage the day I got my license so the day i turned 18 I pay for liability on a 1988 ford bronco and full coverage for the 2008 ford mustang and 2003 ford f150 I drive fairly regularly. Statefarm with good student discount.

12. insurance is a scam fuck that shit

13. god damn! i hope you plan on tottaling your car once a year to get some sort of value out of that.:(

14. 55 a month, my car is not insured though, if I get in a wreck insurance only covers the other car.

Its absolutely ridiculous the cost of insurance, I'm 22, female, never gotten a ticket, never been in an accedent, and in order to even afford insurance I cant cover my own vehicle. Its just crazy, they want me to pay in the hundreds monthly to cover my own car as well...

15. About 150 a month. Its better than the 205 it was 2 years ago.

16. $38 a month.

17. I'm 22 and have an "sporty" car from 2007 which fully paid off. Monthly... about $175 (I pay it off in three consecutive payments of about $700 each year).

Sucks. I'm told 25 is the age it starts going down.

18. Something like $150 a month for my Bronco. My family gets a deal since we all insure our vehicles at the same place. Thats only liability for the truck though, I forget exactly what the other cars rates are. My previous company tried to charge my family like over $800 a month though because we went without insurance for a bit. Needless to say we aint with them no more.

19. Ever notice of all the companies that compare themselves to the other guys never compare themselves to AAA? I pay $2000 a year for four vehicles. Thats $42 each per month full coverage. I have had insurance from many companies but none are as good as AAA.

20. I pay $800/year for two vehicles and two drivers (liability only, but very high limits) and I get a rebate of about $100/year (mutual co, the insured are the only shareholders of the company).