how much do walls cost

Discussion in 'General' started by Shabab, Jun 2, 2010.

1. I just punched 2 holes in my wall. bathroom. idk if it's a supporting wall

I was actually really happy yesterday and today I just snapped :(:(:( but anyone know?

2. Grafting, spackle, and paint will be much cheaper.

And what kind of wall? I'm assuming dry wall?

3. I believe it's drywall, yea. Can anyone give me a ballpark estimate? :)

4. Not sure exactly, depends on the size of the hole. They have patch kits at Home Depot. Also, keep in mind that walls in bathrooms are usually a different type of drywall called green board, which is a bit more water resistant. Usually they only install this stuff behind the walls where the shower tile is, but they might install it all the way around a bathroom. Patch kits might be different for bathroom drywall.

While you're out shopping, might want to pick up a punching bag. It'll be cheaper in the long run, and good exercise. :D

5. patch it up fool. probably 20 bucks or so

6. about 20 bucks or so is right

you're going to cut a couple inches around the punch to make a nice square.
    take 2 1x4's and secure them at the top and bottom of the square you cut
    place new drywall ontop of the wood you used as a backrest and screw it it
    take your tape, tape around perimeter, Spackle, sand, paint and your good to go

its a very simple thing to do.

this is assuming its drywall and not plaster and lath

7. Anywhere from $5.99 to around $1300 per hole depending on how big the holes are and how fancy you want to get.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. :p :D:bongin:

9. I'm fairly confident a teenage stoner with anger managment issues isn't going to get fancy on a hole in the wall ;)

10. thanks everyone for the help

true, an average 18 yr old isnt going to spend $ on a wall but its a rental so yeah...

also just because andy on the office had anger management and punched the wall doesnt mean everyone that punches walls has anger management...

11. #12 pawlywog, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2010
    in my younger years, i glued a piece of paper onto the hole and painted over it.. i thought it would work

12. you can rent walls? what the fuck, oopla in my butthole

13. LMAO. How the fuck do you rent walls? What happens after you're done with the walls? The roof just collapses? :confused:

14. probably like an apartment

:poke:

15. Lol... the support doesn't come from drywall to those who think the roof will fall down or whatever

But, doing dry wall is east as hell, IF you know what you're doing.

I've done it many times, I tried to patch up a hole in a door once, but it turned out to look like shit... it might be because it was a fake wood door... but idk...

Good luck?

16. I would say you are better off hiring someone from craigslist if you have not done it before. It is easy to do, but not if you are a first timer.

^^^^composite wood sucks to repair

17. I heard you can get walls at this place called Wal-Mart.

18. hahaha :smoking: