How much $$ do i need to move out?

Discussion in 'General' started by Bluntbiscuit, Dec 29, 2011.

1. #1 Bluntbiscuit, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
    So i want to move out this summer. I'm gona start saving up money first day of the year, but im just wondering how much $$ will i need to move out?

2. any more info.. i.e. where you are, any job, etc.. lol

3. How do you expect anyone to answer a question like this? Just add all the expenses up and add a few hundred to it to be on the safe side.
    No one here knows how much your rent might be, or deposits and all that

4. If rent is like $700

5. just add up all the stuff, if you can't figure this out you're gonna have problems on your own

6. So much effort

7. do you even have any income wtf

8. If you have to ask this question then you prob cant move out

9. Well a 700$ rent is a little steep to meet when just moving out IMO, by yourself.

Do you have any possible roommates that could help with the rent? I live in a sweet house and only pay 400$/month because I have 3 roommates.

And nobody can answer this without knowing more info honestly. a 700$ rent is one factor, but there's a million other things. Do you have a car payment? credit cards? are you going to university? and if so do you have student loans? Get what i'm saying? We have no idea what your financial situation is like, nor the specific economic conditions in your area.

Hell my advice would be based on my experiences in the Canadian system, which would likely be unhelpful if your living in the States.

As a general rule, I would save up enough money to keep yourself afloat without income for 3 months or more, that will give you a nice financial base to work off of. Above all, if you don't have a steady source of income, don't move out, or you'll be setting yourself up for serious financial headaches down the road.

10. If you can cover 700 a month comfortably plus probably another 200 in utilities, then 200 for food, more or less depending on whether you can cook or not plus furniture, insurance and of course herbs, you're lookin at 1400 for first and last month's rent, plus signing fee if your landlord's an ass and the initial investments and monthly costs.

But if you can't figure it out yourself, I would advise you not to live alone.

11. Just remember, plan ahead. There's no point in moving out for half a year and then figure out you can't support yourself. Find a decent paying job and work from there.

If rent is $700, you're probably looking at over a grand. Take into account car insurance (?), food, weed etc.

12. #12 runthistown18, Dec 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2011
    probably around $5,000, im guessing.
    I been saving up too but i only have $1,400 and only make $800 a month ($8 an hour)..

Which is impossible to move out in America with that amount.
    Shitty wage, high rent, no good jobs...moving out of this country seeming like a better option everyday.