Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how much do I need to eat?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Big_Bud, May 15, 2013.

1. Hey people. I've always smoked or vaped my weed but thought I'd give eating it a go.
    K don't want to bake with it or anything just as it is. My problem is I'm unsure how much I need to get stoned.

2. no less than 32 brownies. lol just kidding. just eat a single brownie or edible or whatever you make with your weed. you may actually want to eat half of that. edibles are VERY VERY strong and should not be underestimated at all. lol

3. Just saw you said you want to straight up eat it? Lol don't do that.

4. yea you can't get high from just eating weed you have to bake it with something

5. U can make a coffee or hot chocolate
    Quickest way is cook some milk with a tsp of butter and a few grind up buds I'd give at least 3-5grams per cup . Cook for 20-30mins on low heat then pour into chocolate powder or coffee .

Will take around 45mins to feel anything .
    If u r a heavy smoker like me edibles won't do a damn thing I've tried my best to get stoned off edibles put tons of cannabutter put pure weed tried with different strains at the end it makes me relaxed and sleep .

Getting high or stoned it doesn't happen with me . But of course everybody is different for such intake

Even tried tons of professionally made cakes and cookies in Amsterdam , nothing , waste of my money

6. Why will not eating it straight up do anything? Why do I have to bake with it?

7. ^ because thc is not orally active, doofus. it has to be infused w/ a fat.
    I know nothing about edibles and I know this.

8. make a firecracker using peanut butter, bud, crackers, aluminum foil and an oven.  you dont need that much, 1 gram for two crackers.

9. Your body can't readily absorb the THC unless it is bonded to a fat or alcohol.
    You need to read BKS' CannaPharm thread, it's stickied in this forum.

10. #10 UKTokingGrower, May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 17, 2013
    Actuslly to currect a common mis conception, it is actually possible to get high from straight up bud, but it would take alot more than cooking it so if youve got the money to waste away at your weed then go ahead.. Or atleast send me some ;)
    Anyway, THC (the active compound that gets you high) will not be taken into the bloodstream (or not alot) if just eaten. It is however fat soluble, meaning the canabonids will attatch themselfs to the lipids etc (fats in butter). So, when you eat that butter your body will digest and absorb the fat which of course contains the THC :smoke:

11. can u put a preflower plant in a blender and get the effect?  does it have to be flowering with buds or can it be pre flower.  just want to know.  if someone knows the truth about this please tell me.

12. There is THC and other cannabanoids in the plant and leaf. Not a ton, but it's there. An alcohol extraction would work great (Green Dragon).

13. The easiest and fastest way i know to make edibles is bake it in peanut butter. One time i sat and ate an entire cube of canna butter by accident (dipping popcorn kernals into the butter while watching TV). I greened out and fell asleep for 4 hours and when I woke up I was still stoned off my ass. Edibles are too strong for me. I eat too much. Dont want to wait for it to hit me. I use edibles when traveling on a bus or a train long distance.