how much do clones cost??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by beachbum616, Sep 16, 2010.

1. hey guys, i live in an area with no dispensaries or collectives so i really have no clue.

a few locals who have been very satisfied with my product want me to clone and veg plants for them. since i have the space in my tent i agreed to do so. i will provide the grow medium, clones, starting nutes and veg for 4-6 weeks then sell them the healthy mature plant ready to either bud or keep as a mother.

good bud sold by the ounce around here goes for $300, what do clones or starter plants like this normally sell for in an area that offers this??

2. duuuude if your doing all the hard work like that your litterally handing them money that grows on trees....id charge some crazy prices for a prevegged ready to flower plant considering in 3 months or so you just lost a customer

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. if you can prove genetics and know its some dank.

id go like 200 a clone, like i said if you can PROVE its dank.

then they are just making money off it.

as are you lol.

4. Yeah why wouldnt you just finish flowering it? Thats you doing alllll the hard work and them just taking over from then doing the ez shit...then they will just start to sell clones from the vegged plants u give them and start growing and then u got people growing ur product that can sell it for cheaper or give clones away for cheaper...wouldnt do it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. A clone, as in a rooted cutting, generally sells for $15. A plant that is actually grown into a pot and ready to flower.... a lot more.

6. I agree. If your providing them with a rooted clone(as soon as it roots its gatta go!) You could charge upto 35 bucks per healthy/rooted clone.

If your vegging them and getting them to the point of flowering you have to take into consideration of your water bill/electric bill/time invested/materials involved. If your holding them for 4-6 weeks they will be able to get 2 zips off of the plants(more than likely). A plant ready to flower thats been vegging for 4-6 weeks would not leave for no less than hundred fifty bucks imho.

I would stick to selling them as soon as they root. You will have less space if your vegging them out.

7. ok cool., i'll probably just charge 20-40 bucks.

what you have to keep in mind, these are people who i'm friendly with. they know me, i know them, ive bought bud from them, theyve bought bud from me, i've been to their grow house, they've seen mine. they just think my herb is alot more fire than what they consistently sell or produce themselves.

and honestly.. for me, i think taking a cutting and vegging it for a month under flourescents, amongst the plants i'm keeping for myself is very easy.

its not until i have to flower and worry about grow space, grow environment and ofcourse dragging buckets of water to the grow room and harvest that i feel the bulk of the work is done. so yeah im cool with selling ready to bud plants for 20-40 bucks.. just need to cover the cost of my grow nutes and medium and im all set.

thanks

8. Clones from the club go for anywhere from $10-30 around here, and thirty is pushing it.

9. youre not selling clones though, you selling a ready to flower female plant. I wouldnt do that if I was you. Once the clones roots then sell it

10. I'd say the price you have in mind is fine for a close friend.

But if their going to grow this to sell, I'd price this a tad bit higher. Even if you charge $100 a plant, that's really nothing to them since their going to keep the strain going and continue to make money as long as they want from it.

In the past I'd be greedy, and think "fuck that, I'm not giving away my best strain for someone else to sell". But over the years I realized that it's stupid to think that way, keeping shit to yourself can hurt you in the long run. Letting friends share your strains makes it a hell of a lot easier to get the strain you want back if something happens to your grow-op.

After thinkin about this. I for sure would sell some, but I'd charge $50 for a plant. I'd charge $20 for a clone.

11. I was wondering if it was OK to discuss this topic and I found this old thread. I'd like to bring the topic back up again because I'm planning to sell clones in my area. Let's say I'm in the mid-south.
    Thanks. :eek: :smoke:

12. you have to remember that the genetics are not something to just give away, sure anyone can go and buy the seeds online but it takes way more to get it right

I know 3-4 people who liked the la confidential I grow and wanted it so they bought seeds, it is la but its not the same as mine because they didnt do it the same way

I would charge $500 a clone for the la if I sold them because of the fact that we spent nearly $10,000 getting it right - tell me if they arent worth $500 each, or more!

we had 12 seeds 9 sprouted out of those 9 only 2 looked promising after 1 whole round of flowering

think about that, we grew it from seed and then cloned all 9 of them 4 times each and labeled them accordingly then flowered the 9 from seed to see what they are like then picking the best one out of that - so we had 36 clones at one time, you need space for that and they cant die or get any stress before we can do the RAPD

but there were 2 best ones so then it was time for another round and we grew all 8 4 from each, then cloned them all again also labeling them properly so as not to get the confused and flowering the 8 again and taking a sample of the phloem by cutting a small branch off and running a RAPD analysis to get the DNA to check for any reason that the plant has unstable genes and could herme latter in life from environmental/physical stress

then tissue culture cloning was used to mimic 5 generations of cloning by growing it to about 9 inches tall then tissue culture again and again 5 times to see if it has any genetic problems that would come up

people have no idea how involved it is to get things right, this may be a "weed" but if you want it more then good buds and you want cannabis cup medical quality buds then you need to do it right, thats how the people I work with do it and they have won awards for this stuff and been in magazines and such

13. Thanks for the info. I'm planning on selling named clones. For example, I'm wondering how much I should charge for a clone of Northern Lights that I raised from seed. I also have Trainwreck, Purple Haze, White Widow and LSD and a couple of others.
    I won't be able to get as deep into as described above but I think my clones should still be worth top dollar especially since I know of nowhere else locally that will be doing this.

14. Thanks for the info. I'm planning on selling named clones. For example, I'm wondering how much I should charge for a clone of Northern Lights that I raised from seed. I also have Trainwreck, Purple Haze, White Widow and LSD and a couple of others.
    I won't be able to get as deep into as described above but I think my clones should still be worth top dollar especially since I know of nowhere else locally that will be doing this.

15. I just purchased White Widow clones for $15each (6 minimum).. They were JUST Rooted, so they usually run $10-$15 for newly rooted clones, $20-$35 for Teens and PreTeens, and can go up to $300 or so for Mother Plants.

16. Thanks for the info. It's what I'm looking for. What area of the country do you live in?

17. I'm in So Cal.

18. Cool. Legal there. Not here. I suppose I should charge more? :D

19. I get my clones from Harborside Health Center. $12/clone - $16/starter - $24/teens

I can get mothers for around $60.00

• Like Like x 1
  20. Yeh Those are the prices in cali for common genetics that. "Grower409" posted.But since your not in cali,and theres no common price where your @,you can charge them, what you think the plants worth..