Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How much cannabis can 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil Absorb?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by WhoaChill, Aug 6, 2019.

1. I'm trying to make some potent Cannabis coconut oil since my tolerance for edibles is quite high. I want to make some Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispies and the recipe calls for a 1/4 Cup of Oil per batch, and I'm making two batches, so I need a 1/2 Cup of cannabis coconut oil total. I was planning on infusing an ounce of flower into that 1/2 cup, but I was worried that perhaps there's a limit to how much THC can be infused into coconut oil, and I don't want to waste medicine. So would my method go as planned and make really potent cannabis oil or should I use a bit more coconut oil? Thanks in advance! ✌️

2. If u have liquid letichen it will help absorb THC. 1 tbsp per 8oz of oil

Sent from my SM-G935T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Also if you are trying to up potency, try to grind your herb to a powder after decarb and leave it in your oil. Doing a test batch at home today from my Ardent I just got, decarbed 7gs last night, infusing into a 1/4 cup of coconut oil and lecithin when I get home and leaving the herb in (grinding with a coffee grinder) and adding an extra egg to my brownies to try to mask the texture a bit

• Like Like x 1
  4. A whole lot.
    Coconut oil and FECO, which is very high in THC, will completely mix in any proportion.

The real question is how much FLOWER can be infused into 1/2 cup oil, and that might be limited by how well the oil can be strained.
    That's why a lot of us leave the herb in edibles.

Making FECO first, then diluting with oil, and adding to any recipe will allow smaller amounts of herb to be used. If a long soak is used, almost 100% of the medicine can be gotten.

5. The only limit is how dense your canna oil will be. Your really don't need anymore then just enough oil to wet the cannabis. Mud pie consistency. Here is a dead simple recipe that always works and is fast to make.

Always decarb the cannabis you intend to eat. Weed on a cookie sheet uncovered in the oven.
    240 F for 40 minutes.
    Grind to dust. As fine as you can get.

5 grams decarbed Cannabis. Can be anything from Kief, Hash, Wax, Shatter or powdered buds.
    2.5 teaspoons Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes'
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done.

Now you have a tablespoon of ultra potent Canna oil. Add this to the oil called for in any baked good, Blend well, Add dry ingredients and cook normally.

Lecithin = doubles the effects per gram and extends the duration.
    Freeze = Further softens the cannabis for a better mouth feel. Removes the gritty texture.

[​IMG]

5 grams of 20% buds = 200mg per gram x5 = 1000mg.
    5 grams of Hash or Kief = 500mg per gram x5 = 2500mg
    Wax, Shatter or Rosin can be up to 90% THC so take some care in how much you ingest.

<-- takes this stuff every day for my medical condition as it is the strongest recipe I've found. Done with Dry Ice Kief and in a (0) size capsule it's in the 80mg per cap range. 25mg with buds.

Did you see GOD ?? Yes 32 times!!!.
    LMAO sneak up on this as a bit to much can be hours of very intense stone. Eat 25mg and wait 2 full hours before adding more.

BNW

• Like Like x 2